Options

ITIL® Service Capability - Operational Support and Analysis (Write up)

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
First of all most of you already know I passed this exam with an 85% and it was damn challenging.

Material I used. Official OGC Service Operations book and some free reads from Amazon on Transition and CSI. I was also provided a book from ITSM Solution when I enrolled in the class. I took the exam on line.

I went through ITSM solutions LLC training, some of you know Rick on here. The training was provided via the web from Patrick von Schlag. You could tell he really knew ITIL well. He gave real life scenarios and was never condecending. The way the course flowed it went well with the official OGC book. There is also a syllabus you can go through to reinforce specific parts of the material. I would suggest spending at least 2-3 days drilling all that information in, but not right away. The audio/video presentation was a nice change of pace from reading. I ended up going through the whole presentation like Rick suggested and then read the ITSM Solution OSA book. Before I did any of that I read the OGC SO about 80% of the way through.

I probably spent about 5-7 weeks worth of self studying and another week of video audio training provided by ITSM Solutions. At first I felt going into this material it was an overkill, but as I becams more ITILIAN, I started to realize that hey I might make a damn good manager one day. Like I have said in a previous post if I made it to service desk manager I would be confortable for life. I'm not looking to be the man, but anyway back to the training.

So after all the training was done I placed my test on line. Everything went really smooth, however I needed to purchase another web cam, because mine is integrated into my monitor. You need an external so they can capture you off to the side at a 45 degree angle.

I really don't want to say much about the test I don't want to break any laws or regs, but it was a very challenging test. It will require you to know the material and also know how to use it in a deployment situation. If you don't I personally think you will be lucky to pass with a 70.

This is it for now. I have a Cain F ligaro and a 6 pack of Stella and my 7 year old just passed out to the Airbender.

Talk to you all later.

ps Don't second guess yourself. When you finally select next leave it behind and don't think about it anymore.

Comments

• Options
    pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    First of all most of you already know I passed this exam with an 85% and it was damn challenging.

Material I used. Official OGC Service Operations book and some free reads from Amazon on Transition and CSI. I was also provided a book from ITSM Solution when I enrolled in the class. I took the exam on line.

I went through ITSM solutions LLC training, some of you know Rick on here. The training was provided via the web from Patrick von Schlag. You could tell he really knew ITIL well. He gave real life scenarios and was never condecending. The way the course flowed it went well with the official OGC book. There is also a syllabus you can go through to reinforce specific parts of the material. I would suggest spending at least 2-3 days drilling all that information in, but not right away. The audio/video presentation was a nice change of pace from reading. I ended up going through the whole presentation like Rick suggested and then read the ITSM Solution OSA book. Before I did any of that I read the OGC SO about 80% of the way through.

I probably spent about 5-7 weeks worth of self studying and another week of video audio training provided by ITSM Solutions. At first I felt going into this material it was an overkill, but as I becams more ITILIAN, I started to realize that hey I might make a damn good manager one day. Like I have said in a previous post if I made it to service desk manager I would be confortable for life. I'm not looking to be the man, but anyway back to the training.

So after all the training was done I placed my test on line. Everything went really smooth, however I needed to purchase another web cam, because mine is integrated into my monitor. You need an external so they can capture you off to the side at a 45 degree angle.

I really don't want to say much about the test I don't want to break any laws or regs, but it was a very challenging test. It will require you to know the material and also know how to use it in a deployment situation. If you don't I personally think you will be lucky to pass with a 70.

This is it for now. I have a Cain F ligaro and a 6 pack of Stella and my 7 year old just passed out to the Airbender.

Talk to you all later.

ps Don't second guess yourself. When you finally select next leave it behind and don't think about it anymore.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    20112011 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi N2IT,

How did you find the course of ITSM solutions. Would that be enough to get your pass? Do they have enough scenarios and actual live examples putting theory into practise. I was going through the demo a few months back and felt the instructor is doing a lot with his hands and found it a bit too distracting. Very keen on knowing your feedback

Thanks,
    ALO
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    2011 wrote: »
    Hi N2IT,

How did you find the course of ITSM solutions. Would that be enough to get your pass? Do they have enough scenarios and actual live examples putting theory into practise. I was going through the demo a few months back and felt the instructor is doing a lot with his hands and found it a bit too distracting. Very keen on knowing your feedback

Thanks,
    ALO

Just do a search on ITSM solutions and you will find them.

I felt for OSA it was enough. I have worked as a tier 1, tier 2, team lead and even a fill in report writer. All geared around a support center. That experience with the training was enough for me to pass.

I recommend them personally.