Options

ITIL v3 self study how long?

Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
Greetings everyone, I just wanted to know how long did it take you to study and pass the ITILv3 exam?

Comments

• Options
    pogo4478pogo4478 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the test yet (scheduled for tomorrow morning) but it has taken me about 2 weeks working 2-3 hours a night to get comfortable enough to take it.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    2 years...but I didn't set out to take the test initially. ;) It really depends on what you want to get out of it, but 2-3 weeks is more than enough to pass the Foundations exam.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    in my case, total of 30 hours spread over 3 weeks was enough to ace this one.
    with enough dedication, one could spend a full weekend studying and pass the exam the next Monday.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    ...total of 30 hours spread over 3 weeks was enough...

I concur...30 hours over some period of time should be enough. A little less than 30 hours is what we spend in a typical foundation class over a 3-day period.

MS
  • Options
    fmadhounfmadhoun Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me about 2 week, average 3 hours per day. These video tracks may help, http://www.youtube.com/user/IsleBeeBach#g/c/017C0B75EE2FA714
    they were good reference for me while preparing for the exam.
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I planned on three weeks and after 2 weeks I was biting to go take the exam. The art of service videos, the official guide was all I needed.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    phatrikphatrik Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Old thread I know but seems relevant.

Today through my employer I took an ITIL foundation exam after 3 days of instructor-led classes plus whatever study time at home. The instructor has a very high pass rate and apparently previous classes within my organization all passed on the first try. Kind of anxious to see next week so I find out how I did on the exam.
    2018 goals: Security+, CCNA CyberOps (Cohort #6), eJPT, CCNA R&S 2019 goals: RHCE ????, OSCP || CISSP
  • Options
    devisaddevisad Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ...a day and a half using the various practice tests available online. I then used thoughtrock to register for the class and passed with 83%. This is coming from zero knowledge. I think that if you keep taking the tests and *thinking* about why the answers are what they are, it starts to click so when you're faced with new questions, you can reason out the best answers.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I though the certification was to validate knowledge and skills you acquired and not how to guess the answer.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It took me the average of just under a month. This included reading the book by Liz Gallacher, watching videos and practising exams. I like to take notes so it took me a bit longer than some.