Options

SANS/GIAC Audit call on certification

iVictoriVictor Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I received a call from SANS a few minutes back. The first call of the morning and it was a bit surprising. I am told that w.r.t my recent GREM pass, there is an audit. So I just went ahead.

It took around 15 minutes or so. The lady asked me several questions related to the testing center, the proctor, the process of giving exam at the center, issues, improvement areas and 2-3 q about the exam & preparation.

Has anyone experienced this earlier? I didn't knew there is such an audit process in place. Although it is okay to gather feedback, and perform check on certain areas of exam & testing, I feel a quick heads up could save last minute surprises.

Edit: Just looked up the number I got a call from.

XXX is a Landline
Likely Location:
Hawaii (Kapaa, Lihue, Anahola)
Kauai County

./Victor
This is the Right Time

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Interesting. I have not heard of this before, although I find it comforting that SANS / GIAC would actually do this. At the very least it makes it appear that they are pretty serious about the exam experience and its integrity.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Not to take anything away from the call, but based on your description it sounds like a survey/feedback type of call to me.

If it was indeed an audit call, then props to SANS/GIAC for doing so. I have never gotten such calls personally, but you never know.

Thanks for sharing.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    iVictoriVictor Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes ipchain, it was more of a proctor / exam center survey / feedback / audit call. The maximum questions I answered were in respect to the exam center I had been sitting the exams for. Maybe because I sat all 3 exams at the same center. It's the nearest to my home and quite quiet, nicely surrounded by a community park. Birds chirp all the while during the exams. It's just cool. Maybe it triggered this audit check. :D

If SANS / GIAC has started this process [ since no one seems to be aware of such audit call per se ], imo they should at least send out an email like they do for almost every other aspect of the exam. Apparently this is the only instance when they stepped short of their norm of excellent communication & clarity.
    This is the Right Time
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    iVictor wrote: »
    Yes ipchain, it was more of a proctor / exam center survey / feedback / audit call. The maximum questions I answered were in respect to the exam center I had been sitting the exams for. Maybe because I sat all 3 exams at the same center. It's the nearest to my home and quite quiet, nicely surrounded by a community park. Birds chirp all the while during the exams. It's just cool. Maybe it triggered this audit check. :D

If SANS / GIAC has started this process [ since no one seems to be aware of such audit call per se ], imo they should at least send out an email like they do for almost every other aspect of the exam. Apparently this is the only instance when they stepped short of their norm of excellent communication & clarity.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your story and congrats once again. GREM is on top of my priority list, but it won't happen until 2012.

I will be jealous until then... :D just kidding!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.