Options

The Art of Service for ITIL and Exam Prices.

swildswild Member Posts: 828
I am looking for online/self-study training with the capability modules. I like the way that itiltrainingonline looks but they do not have all the modules for the Capability track.

The Art of Service has them but I haven't been able to find much about them. Full Expert training for $2600 is hard to beat. i assume that does not include exam fees.

I have also seen quite a lot of variation in the exam prices. It seems the cheapest way I have found is through Loyalist. If you sign up on their website, it's only $250 per test with online proctoring.

Anyone have anything better they can suggest?

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    swild wrote: »
    I am looking for online/self-study training with the capability modules. I like the way that itiltrainingonline looks but they do not have all the modules for the Capability track.

The Art of Service has them but I haven't been able to find much about them. Full Expert training for $2600 is hard to beat. i assume that does not include exam fees.

I have also seen quite a lot of variation in the exam prices. It seems the cheapest way I have found is through Loyalist. If you sign up on their website, it's only $250 per test with online proctoring.

Anyone have anything better they can suggest?

I really liked going through the ITIL TRAINING ZONE.

Very affordable and very professional
  • Options
    jengjeng Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my RCV and PPO courses using the Art of Service. I found the material to be good but found quite a few typos in the books. I did pass both exams on the first try.

I took my SOA through ITSM Solutions. The quality of the printed material was about the same. I just passed this exam two days ago.

I did my OSA through an official Pink Elephant onsite course. I didn't get much value out of this course perhaps its because I've been involved with processes for quite some time in my career.

I think it really depends on your background and how familiar you are with the processes as well as if you are dedicated enough to study on your own and get through the material in a timely fashion. On average for the self study I would spend 8 weeks and this was including 2-3 weeks of just studying for the exam after finishing the course.

I purchased my exams through Loyalist directly and this was the cheapest way I found.