Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    ande0255 wrote: »
    It probably goes without saying but congrats NOC, I read through this entire thread some time ago after you stopped updating for about 6 months, glad to see you finally achieved a CCIE number!

Out of curiosity, did the Wireless CCIE incorporate a good amount of your R/S studies, or was it closer to starting entirely over in studies from a reading / labbing perspective?

Not as hardcore as the RS lab test but it helped me a lot. A person will not pass Wireless if he does not know RS. Just like in production, you cant just be a wireless guy, you have to know RS or your wireless will not work. A wireless guy cant blame RS guys if his **** is not working. The RS guy will be like so whats wrong with my network? prove it to me. He needs to understand it troubleshoot the problem so he needs to troubleshoot RS side and Wireless. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome Kim, I didn't know you switched track. It really really helps to have a strong R&S knowledge for the CCIE-W track.
    Big congratulation from me :)
  • Options
    thadizzy wrote: »
    Awesome Kim, I didn't know you switched track. It really really helps to have a strong R&S knowledge for the CCIE-W track.
    Big congratulation from me :)

Thank you Andreas. I added you in linkedin. Keep in touch!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    you are next

Thank you sir!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    AhmailAhmail Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats sir. Definitely an impressive dedicated journeyicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Check the blueprint. Buy workbooks IPexpert or fastlane. I have a friend that bought it already so it wasnt bad for me. Build the lab. In my case, I bought all the hardware and installed the software in VM's. I shutdown the website since I dont have time to update it. EDIT: Here is my home lab.

I miss your site! Very inspirational! I would start to drag at night/morning after 3am(ish) during my studies, and I remember powering through that weakness because of websites like yours!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    I miss your site! Very inspirational! I would start to drag at night/morning after 3am(ish) during my studies, and I remember powering through that weakness because of websites like yours!
    I will build a website soon with labbing (network technologies) on it. I will post it in a few months.