Options

Itil 2011?

simonmoonsimonmoon Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm considering adding ITIL v3 Foundations to my get list, but I'm wondering if there will be a new different cert that reflects the recent 2011 refresh of the material that I should perhaps wait for. Anyone have any insight?

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Simon

ITIL 2011 is a refresh of ITIL V3 (think of it as ITIL 3.1, although that's not the correct way to refer to it). As such, there won't be a new certification and people who already hold the ITIL V3 Foundation don't need to recertify.

All training organisations have until Dec 31st to get their materials up to date and in line with the new syllabus. The exams won't start to test ITIL 2011 until Jan 2012. Between now and then, 'hybrid' exams are in place that suit delegates who've studied the new OR old syllabus.

If you want to get the most current knowledge, it's worth asking your chosen training provider if their materials are updated. If you choose the self study route, most of the books will not be updated yet but will still allow you to pass the exam.

If you do study pre-2011 material, we've put a free video together (links on this page: ITIL Introduction with Free ITIL Resources and PDF) to bring you up to date.

Claire