Narrowly Passed ITILv3 Today.

spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
I took and passed the ITILv3 exam today. I'll be honest, I scored in the low 70s to pass, but I'm okay with the score, especially when considering the subject matter and the time I had to learn it. I took a ITILv3 class through a VA training firm. The class was two and a half days. We used power-point presentations, white board, a student handbook and the Foundations of ITILv3 book by Van Haren. I thought the instructor was pretty knowledgable and did his best to use analogies and real-world examples. I thought the book was terrible. It was dry and the way it jumped back and forth between topics was jarring. Also, I prefer the Cisco and Sybex approach of chapter/topic, followed by practice test questions to reenforce what you learned. There wasn't a test engine included. The main issue I guess is two days isn't enough time to learn the material thoroughly. It's pretty easy to get confused with all of the terminology and how they sound similar or blend together. The class has definitely helped me to understand the incident and change management process in my organization. I don't think I'll progress to the Expert or Master certifications.

Comments