Options

Meh! Nothing to CCIE here...

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is killing me!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    I know you've been studying hard down! Take those digits.
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Could be two new CCIE's for TE today!

Hope you bring it home mate.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Went to bed at 8:30pm yesterday and woke up ~4:45am today because I couldn't sleep anymore. Just made sure to shower and now relaxing for a few before breakfast. The RTP lab opens @ 7a so I have about 90 minutes before I need to drive over there.

It's game time baby!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Wow! Keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you! You can do it! Gooooo!
  • Options
    down77 wrote: »
    Went to bed at 8:30pm yesterday and woke up ~4:45am today because I couldn't sleep anymore. Just made sure to shower and now relaxing for a few before breakfast. The RTP lab opens @ 7a so I have about 90 minutes before I need to drive over there.

It's game time baby!

Good luck mate.
    Use your time carefully, especially in troubleshooting, move on if you can't solve it, you'll probably have time to come back.

Bring it home!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    You got this man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Give em hell bud!!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Ugh! So I didn't get the result I wanted, but I can say I was close. I did well in Layer 2, Layer 3, and Multicast. Advanced Services and Optimize the network kinda did me in.

I got pretty close for my first attempt and I'm planning to schedule another attempt in 30 days.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awww man, that sucks. I was really hoping you'd pass, we'd have had two newly minted IE's on TE. You'll kill it next time, I'm sure. Kill it!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ugh! So I didn't get the result I wanted, but I can say I was close. I did well in Layer 2, Layer 3, and Multicast. Advanced Services and Optimize the network kinda did me in.

I got pretty close for my first attempt and I'm planning to schedule another attempt in 30 days.
    What did you think of the proctor there? I take it you passed troubleshooting?
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    The RTP proctor was awesome! I do have to admit though, I had met him during my INE camp which helped to make the experience easier. He did a great job of trying to keep us relaxed and joked around as much as he could. He will go over the rules with you at the beginning, and he will also let you know what he can and can not answer/fix.

I passed troubleshooting and felt great going into configuration. By lunch time I had finished L2 and a fair amount of L3. I made sure to verify configuration along the way and saved config at the end of every major section. I will say make SURE that your routing protocol neighbors are up and that your routing tables look the way they need to be before going too deep into future sections.

I brought a few healthy snacks, energy drinks, and a bottle of water with me into the lab. I also recommend standing up to take breaks, hit the bathroom, and give yourself a mental break every so often. I started making simple mistakes near the end of the exam and I know it cost me enough to not pass. I was getting mentally/physically tired but I wanted to keep pressing on. I should have skipped the tasks and came back to them.

After the lab was done I went to my rental car and jotted down as much as I could remember about the experience so that I could lab it up @ home. Unfortunately, I can't share the exact things I wrote down (NDA violation) but after a few days rest and a beer or two I may recommend some INE videos/labs/etc.

Off to get some rest for now and plan for attempt #2
  • Options
    Unlucky buddy, but don't worry, you'll get it!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    You will Def get it next time.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Close call but you'll get it next time. Services can either be easy points or kill you depending on how prepared you are for them. Good luck next time!
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Aw that's too bad man, but you already have the right attitude. Just nail it next time! Best of luck on your next attempt!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    This reminds me of Ali vs Frasier... I'll just have to TKO it on the 2nd bout!

All truth being told I knew I recognize a few mistakes I made that could have changed my end result and I'll just have to "try harder" next time. INE covered the lab fee for this one, work covers the next two attempts... I'll be back in RTP around St Pattys day. I believe there was another TE member testing around then.
  • Options
    you'll get it next time!
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Next time... I believe your chances of passing increase substantially after the first attempt. Keep the faith.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That which does not kill you makes you stronger and your opponent weaker. You will kill it next time.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Round 2: So I took Friday and Saturday to relax and reflect back on the lab experience. I'm confident with my R&S skills and I plan to work a little bit on the other sections over the next month. I spent so much time working IGPs, BGP, MPLS, Multicast that I feel I made minor but critical mistakes on the last 2 "trivial" sections of the exam. Anyone who has sat the CCIE Lab knows what I mean!

Since I am flying out for work tomorrow I will be writing down a game plan and hitting up GNS3 pretty hard for those sections. I will be reviewing parts of INE vol 1 Chapters 11, 12, and 13. I'll also be talking with work about scheduling an exam date while everything is fresh in my mind.

Since I have to wait 30 days to retest, anytime after March 9 is open territory. I'm thinking either March 19, or March 26.... depending on my work schedule! Like I said, I consider last week Ali vs Frasier 1 and we all know what happened when they rematched...
  • Options
    mhonskymhonsky Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Down77,

I'm pretty sure you will nail it next time and get your magic # ;)
    Reading Hrs for Lab:60
    Lab Hrs: 200

Goal 2013: CCIE R&S ( ) | ITILv3 Foundation ( )
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just emailed Cisco to see if I can schedule an Exam room visit the day before I sit the lab. This was recommended by INE so that we can calm our nerves, identify any potential distractions the day before, and most importantly get a feel for the climate of the room! The last thing you want is to be FREEZING and trying to type when taking your exam.
    Speaking of which, how was the temperature in the room?
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    It had a slight chill in the morning but it wasn't too bad. I had a sweater on and brought a pull over with me just in case. By mid afternoon the room was pretty comfortable.
  • Options
    Friend of mine has his lab on monday. Waiting to see how he does and then will reschedule after we find out the result. We may end up taking it together in late March!

I took a few days off last week due to mental relief/travel time. Starting back up this evening after the kids are asleep. I'm planning to keep the topics as fresh in my mind as possible until I get my 5 digit number.
  • Options
    So I tried booking my 2nd attempt and credit card payments are not available right now. Will call Cisco in the AM and confirm next steps.
  • Options
    Called Cisco and I'm now 4wks from attempt #2.
  • Options
    Called Cisco and I'm now 4wks from attempt #2.

Good luck!
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Same to you! My 2nd attempt is just over a week before yours.
  • Options
    lsp2310lsp2310 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Friend of mine has his lab on monday. Waiting to see how he does and then will reschedule after we find out the result. We may end up taking it together in late March!

I took a few days off last week due to mental relief/travel time. Starting back up this evening after the kids are asleep. I'm planning to keep the topics as fresh in my mind as possible until I get my 5 digit number.

Did your friend pass his lab?