Options

How DIFFICULT is the ITIL V3 Foundation Exam??? (Experience, tips, comments...)

SecurityGuru23SecurityGuru23 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm planning to sit for the ITIL V3 Foundation exam before the end of this month, since I heard that the 2011 syllabus (new objectives)

will be effective on February 1st 2012 which replaces the ITIL V3 Foundation exam. The only source which I am

currently using to study is the OGC "Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam" study guide (GREAT reviews on Amazon) so hopefully

it's enough for me to pass the exam on the 1st attempt! Any tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Security Guru

The information you have about Feb 1st is incorrect - the new exams came into effect on Jan 1st - please see the FAQS here: http://www.best-management-practice.com/gempdf/ITIL_Update_FAQs_Oct_2011.pdf

This is drawn from the ITIL Official Site. There is a lot of confusion and misinformation being passed around about the 2011 updates so it's important to check the source.

The Foundation exam pass rates rarely fall below 85%. As long as you've studied the syllabus and done as many sample questions as you can find, you'll be fine.

Claire
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The exam is fairly easy, in all honesty, you could start on a Fri night and be ready by Monday.
    Instead of copy-pasting, let me refer to the thread where I reviewed the exam and my preparation for it in details:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/itil-certifications/64981-itil-v3-foundation-thoughts.html
    Good luck!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    This is by far the easiest certification exam I have ever taken. I think it had 40 multiple choice questions and it took me around 10-12 minutes to complete the exam with a score of 38/40. And I still have no idea how I missed 2 questions. If you study the material and learn all the definitions and what goes on it each ITIL phase you should be good to go. This is a VERY VERY basic exam.

Now the ITIL intermediate exams are a different task entirely - but that's a story for another day.
  • Options
    SecurityGuru23SecurityGuru23 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you EVERYONE for their comments/inputs/feedback on the ITIL V3 Foundation exam experience, I finally decided to go sit for it today and PASSED! Everyone was right, the exam isn't too bad if you thoroughly read through a "good" study guide and have a decent amount of common sense. Now back to the technical side of IT - Network+ is my next cert that I'm currently studying for.
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Great news icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    cj.kalyancj.kalyan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi SecurityGuru, Can you please tell me which study guide you referred to? I am planning to appear too. Thank you in advance