Options

ITIL V3 Foundation certification exam

Balaji_ACPBalaji_ACP Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been asked to appear for ITIL V3 Foundation certification exam and clear the exam in 15 days. Due to my work schedule, i could not attend any online courses. Could someone point me to the study material/book that should help me clear the exam. I went through a list of books in Amazon. Too many options & confusion goes together. Finally i piked this guy - Amazon.com: Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam - The ITIL Foundation Study Aid Book (9780113312061): Office of Government Commerce: Books. Do you think i am going the right way? I would really appreciate all your responses in helping me achieve my goal.

Thanks,
Balaji

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Watch the CSU: ITILv3 video series on Youtube. Should give you enough info to help pass Foundation. It's 150+ videos.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The book is excellent. I used it myself to prepare and pass the Foundation exam

The Youtube videos mentioned by dave330i are also worth a look. It's a little unfotunate that they aren't sorted in any way but maybe you can find a playlist that will put them into a useful order.

On top I would recommend this website: The IT Skeptic | A sceptical view of ITIL, CMDB and whatever else catches my eye
    It has a lot of information on ITIL and also links to prep exams.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    Thanks Dave, lordy. I will get the book and go thru the youtube links... Also, i heard that there was a syllabus change in the last year or so. In that case, does that book still hold good?
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Balaji

The syllabus has indeed changed - you will need to make sure that any study guide you buy or use is aligned to ITIL 2011. Anything aligned to ITIL 2007 will give you maybe 75% of what you need to pass the exam that came in on Jan 1st 2012.

You can download the syllabus and a sample exam here: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILQualificationLevels/ITILFoundation.aspx

Claire
  • Options
    Thank You, Claire. I am now confused if the books available in the market are bound to the latest syllabus. Unfortunately, I am not able to view the books before i buy them. I hope i get the right one...
  • Options
    Hi Balaji

Many of the books available aren't, so it's worth sending an email to the company you're buying from. Those that are should be marketing clearly that they are 2011 aligned as it's a good selling point while the market catches up.

Claire
  • Options
    Thanks, Claire. I agree. Let me send them a note...
  • Options
    shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Balaji_ACP wrote: »
    Thanks, Claire. I agree. Let me send them a note...

Hi Balaji,

I am facing the same prob as you.I wish to take up ITIL V3 but
    updated books are not available in the market.If you would share the response you
    got from the company it would be much helpful for me as well as for all the future aspirants.

Shreenath
  • Options
    The new foundation handbook has now been published - you can read the details here: ITIL® Foundation Handbook: Pocketbook from the Official Publisher of ITIL - Single Copy
  • Options
    shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dear Claire,

You mean the "Passing the ITIL Foundation handbook" which was so far available in the market will not have an updated version?
    Only Pocket edition from now on?

Shreenath
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    shreenag wrote: »
    Dear Claire,

You mean the "Passing the ITIL Foundation handbook" which was so far available in the market will not have an updated version?
    Only Pocket edition from now on?

Shreenath

That was published January 2009 - unlikely it has the 2011 content :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Hi Shreenag

All of the foundation books will be updated eventually, it's just some are being released faster than others icon_smile.gif

Claire