Options

Rip my resume

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
Ok guys here it is. My ultimate goal is to work as a network admin or in a consultant firm.my resume.doc

Comments

• Options
    buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Experience should be listed most recent first.

You have it going 1 line over onto the second page... fix up the margins so it all fits on one page.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From a structure standpoint the resume is a little flat. It's very very basic. I would suggest building out some word tables to define the document and list your experience first like Buzz mentioned. I might replace the objective with a summary section. List a summary about yourself and how you can add value to the organization you are applying for. Mention number/data that backs up your performance. My average customer satisfaction rating is X% per incident or my first call resolution % is at 72%. Something quantitative that people can understand and measure.
  • Options
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    looks soo much better then the first oneicon_cheers.gif.
    personally Id move things around like...
    Summary... im not sure if i like it but its up to you, i feel like it doesn't belong in a resume. I think it should go on the cover letter which you really need when applying for jobs.
    Education
    Technical Skills (I'd put Microsoft Office Suite.. to me it looks more professional)
    Experience add as much as you can think of.. any projects you helped on
    Also... keep it under a page :)
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sizeon wrote: »
    How is this? myResume.pdf

I'd actually send that one out to employers. Way easier on the eyes.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sorry to be blunt but I would immediately discard this resume. There's a plethora of wrong company/product names: BlackBerry, LogMeIn, iPhone, TeamViewer, Visual Studio, Acrobat Reader, ESET NOD32. It's all about attention to detail. One mistake is bad. So many is just unacceptable.

Great advice from N2IT. Anyone can install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot. Those concrete and specific achievements that bring value to the employer is what will make you shine.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    +1 to cyberguypr

summary of the most relevant points for the job you are going for first
    experiance and certs etc

then the rest

wth does relocated computers mean ?

find a better way to explain your technical skills.
    A bullet point list means jack ****. Explain it

Why even bother to mention win 95/98 ?
    Keep it relevant to what is needed for the job you are going for.

Nothing in your cv makes me want to even bother interviewing you
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    I actually want you guys to be as honest and blunt as possible. It will only improve my resume. I wish i could put achievements, but i don't have much. Here is my updated resume.
    myResume.pdf
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Anyone can install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot. Those concrete and specific achievements that bring value to the employer is what will make you shine.

I would say anyone can install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot badly. But the point is well made. You need to be careful of simply describing a job of work in a CV. It's rather like the trap people fall into in interview. When asked to explain what they have been doing a lot of people rollout the routine stuff. These day's that's not what turns people on if you want to be hired. Lots of people out there that can hold down a technical job these days. Get across your accomplishments in the field.
  • Options
    How can i say "I maintained 50 windows 7 pc" in a different way? Also, "i installed printers and VOIP phones". Lastly, in my summary i added that i have 95% customer satisfaction rate. Is that a good thing to put even though i didn't have any customer satisfaction review?
  • Options
    Wow, after i put my new resume at monster and careerbuilder i got a call for an interview.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    sizeon wrote: »
    Wow, after i put my new resume at monster and careerbuilder i got a call for an interview.

nice! Gratz man!
    meh