Options

Help understanding Frame Relay PVC STATUS.

vazurahanvazurahan Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
It says on Odom's book that there are 4 PVC STATUS. Namely, active, inactive, static, and deleted.

I don't get clear understanding on the differences of the PVC STATUS. Like inactive and deleted.

What are the differences of the STATUS's?

Comments

• Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    STATIC—LMI is disabled on the interface.
    ACTIVE— The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.
    INACTIVE—The PVC is configured, but down.
    DELETED—The PVC is not present (DTE device only), which means that no status is received from the LMI protocol.
  • Options
    vazurahanvazurahan Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fsanyee wrote: »
    STATIC—LMI is disabled on the interface.
    ACTIVE— The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.
    INACTIVE—The PVC is configured, but down.
    DELETED—The PVC is not present (DTE device only), which means that no status is received from the LMI protocol.

Thanks, but what do you mean by DELETED—The PVC is not present (DTE device only)
  • Options
    mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys

fsanyee just wanted to add this

INACTIVE = PVC is configured correctly on the local switch, but there is a problem on the remote end of the PVC.
    ACTIVE = The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.
    DELETED = When the ISP deletes the PVC you'll see that the PVC status will reflect as DELETED.:)
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LMI is a status report between your local router and the ISP Frame Relay. Also called a keep alive. If you have a DELETED, the prob is on your end. Inactive means the problem is on the other end.. And obviously, ACTIVE is cool

If you see a DELETED, the common issue is the DLCI is configured wrong.. i.e. you configure it as a 123 but your isp is set at 321.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University