Passed ITIL v3 Foundation Exam, Now Studying for ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation

ampersandampersand Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam (2011 syllabus) earlier this month with a score of 92% after approximately three weeks of study. I attended my company's three day ITIL introductory course and then did every sample Foundation test/quiz offered by ITIL Prime (itilprime.com). A friend lent me the Art of Service textbook and videos, but I didn't find much of that material on the exam, and I'm glad I didn't use them as my primary study material.

I've started studying for the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation exam by reading the textbook listed on the EXIN website, ISO/IEC 20000: An Introduction. Does anyone have any experience with this exam? There doesn't seem to be much information about it available online. Mine is scheduled for mid-March (after finals at Ohio State). Thank you!

Comments

  • N2ITN2IT Posts: 7,483Inactive Imported Users
    ampersand wrote: »
    I passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam (2011 syllabus) earlier this month with a score of 92% after approximately three weeks of study. I attended my company's three day ITIL introductory course and then did every sample Foundation test/quiz offered by ITIL Prime (itilprime.com). A friend lent me the Art of Service textbook and videos, but I didn't find much of that material on the exam, and I'm glad I didn't use them as my primary study material.

    I've started studying for the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation exam by reading the textbook listed on the EXIN website, ISO/IEC 20000: An Introduction. Does anyone have any experience with this exam? There doesn't seem to be much information about it available online. Mine is scheduled for mid-March (after finals at Ohio State). Thank you!

    If you read that book twice you will be in very good shape. The testing format is just like the ITIL V3 F exam. A lot of the test is defintions and understanding different frameworks and methodologies. Example CMMI

    To summarize
    1. Understand the processes
    2. Terms and defintions
    3. Frameworks and methodologies referenced in the book

    You should be good to go.
  • anobomskianobomski Posts: 53Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    are you going for the bridge eaxm or the full foundation? with your ITIL cert you qualify for the bridge. that means you paya lower test fee and only need to tackle a 20 question paper.
  • ampersandampersand Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    anobomski wrote: »
    are you going for the bridge eaxm or the full foundation? with your ITIL cert you qualify for the bridge. that means you paya lower test fee and only need to tackle a 20 question paper.

    Sorry if my original post wasn't clear. I've registered for the Foundation Bridge exam. You're right -- less than 70 USD and only twenty questions.
  • anobomskianobomski Posts: 53Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    the ITSMF book should do you good. and be sure to get the sample exam paper from exin. i found the test to be quite similar to ITIL in scope. i must say some of the questions stumped me on first reading them. but revisitng them made a lot more sense. i did use the book but was not able to read all of it. so if you can accomplish that, you should have a smoother test.
  • ampersandampersand Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the ISO 20K Foundation Bridge exam with a score of 80%. I used only the aforementioned book and the EXIN practice exam offered on their website, and I studied for approximately three weeks. I was disappointed with my score but not surprised. I found the exam poorly translated -- just like the practice exam -- and I didn't think it covered the material well, although that's always a challenge in only twenty questions.

    Now I'm studying for the ISO 27002 Foundation exam, which I scheduled for early April, and reading the Foundations of Information Security Based on ISO27001 and ISO27002.
  • Heny '06Heny '06 Posts: 107Member
    ampersand, congrats on the pass. I recent obtained my ITILv3 cert also and I am looking to continue on the service mgmt route. So you only used the aforementioned book and the EXIN practice exam? Did you use the v3 book as any supplemental learning?
  • ampersandampersand Posts: 29Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heny '06 wrote: »
    ampersand, congrats on the pass. I recent obtained my ITILv3 cert also and I am looking to continue on the service mgmt route. So you only used the aforementioned book and the EXIN practice exam? Did you use the v3 book as any supplemental learning?

    Good luck! I only used the textbook and practice exam, and I didn't review any ITIL material. I didn't find much material available on the ISO 20000 standard or exams.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,006Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

    Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63, GCP Architect, Series 65
  • Heny '06Heny '06 Posts: 107Member
    ampersand, would you be interested in selling the book to study for the iso20k exam? If so LMK
Sign In or Register to comment.