Options

ITIL v3 MALC

DocAirDocAir Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I just failed on the MALC icon_cry.gif. Not sure why as I found it more difficult compared to the other Intermediate Exams.

Any advis/help/suggestions more than welcome. icon_study.gif

Tahnks

Comments

• Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I am going to assume from your comments that you mean that this exam was no more difficult that the other Intermediate exams? Right now I am through 4 IM exams and I still have Service Design in a couple of weeks and then I will take MALC in May. From what my instructor has told me this is the level of difficulty on all the ITIL exams (1-100 scale with 0 being easy and 100 being brutal)

Foundations - 10
    Strategy - 75
    Design - 35
    Transition - 60
    Operations - 20
    CSI - 75
    MALC - 100

From what my instructor told me you really have to know the material well for MALC - and it covers all the lifecyle phases so that makes it all the more difficult.

As for advice, I think that depends on your current score. I believe MALC is still graded on the 0-40 scale with 28 being a pass, so if you scored within 4 or 5 points of a pass then you're close. I'd just review the material in more detail and give it another shot soon.

If you failed by a large margin then I would recommend going back over all the IM materials from your IM classes and try to get down each of the processes and how they are all connected.

Good luck. I'll be there with you in May.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am going to assume from your comments that you mean that this exam was no more difficult that the other Intermediate exams? Right now I am through 4 IM exams and I still have Service Design in a couple of weeks and then I will take MALC in May. From what my instructor has told me this is the level of difficulty on all the ITIL exams (1-100 scale with 0 being easy and 100 being brutal)

Foundations - 10
    Strategy - 75
    Design - 35
    Transition - 60
    Operations - 20
    CSI - 75
    MALC - 100

From what my instructor told me you really have to know the material well for MALC - and it covers all the lifecyle phases so that makes it all the more difficult.

As for advice, I think that depends on your current score. I believe MALC is still graded on the 0-40 scale with 28 being a pass, so if you scored within 4 or 5 points of a pass then you're close. I'd just review the material in more detail and give it another shot soon.

If you failed by a large margin then I would recommend going back over all the IM materials from your IM classes and try to get down each of the processes and how they are all connected.

Good luck. I'll be there with you in May.

I always heard ST and CSI were the hardest. My co worker took strategy and design and said both of them wern't to bad.

I have taken OSA, which wasn't bad and ST which was very hard.

A former TE member who is an ITIL trainer for Global Knowledge said that usually by the time you hit the MALC you are so saturated with ITIL it's not that bad.