Ccent - Tuesday

lincis_auslincis_aus Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Booked my ICND1 for Tuesday after a month and a half of study.

My study plan was:

Watched CBT 2x
Watched TrainSignal 2x
Read Odom book 2x, 2nd time doing notes on every page
Spent 1 whole day on subnetting
Spent 1 whole day on configuration and show commands
Spent whole day today on Boson exam sim (bought today, hopefully not a waste of 99$)


1st attempt at Boson was 90%, a couple i got wrong were not relevant to ICND1, and on one i made a stupid mistake.

I think I am ready, just got 2 more Trainsignal video to watch, and might read over my notes until Tuesday. I must mention that i have 5 years of Cisco experience (College and University), finished both CCNA and CCNP courses, just have been too lazy to take the exams.

I shall inform you on how i went.

Regards

Comments

  • YFZbluYFZblu Posts: 1,462Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're getting 90's on the Boson environment, I would stop watching the videos for the sake of watching the videos. At this point try to find your weakest area and really grind into it for the next couple of days.

    Sounds like you're about ready.
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Posts: 313Member
    YFZblu wrote: »
    If you're getting 90's on the Boson environment, I would stop watching the videos for the sake of watching the videos. At this point try to find your weakest area and really grind into it for the next couple of days.

    Sounds like you're about ready.

    I agree. At this point you should start running through Boson or Transcender practice tests on the ICND1 and as much practice subnetting as you can.
  • bout2kbout2k Posts: 28Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are scoring 90% on Boson you will easily be in the 900's during the real exam. The Boson exam is much harder than the actual Cisco exam. Good Luck
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • JeanMJeanM Posts: 1,117Member
    Yep, I'd say you'll pass! Better be a perfect score too :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • higherhohigherho Posts: 882Member
    Good luck! Quick question, are these boson net sims the same simulator that is offered in ODOMS 3rd edition book?
  • matt333matt333 Senior Member Posts: 234Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    Studying: Automating Junos Administration: Doing More with Less
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIA-Junos
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 54Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    higherho wrote: »
    Good luck! Quick question, are these boson net sims the same simulator that is offered in ODOMS 3rd edition book?
    Boson has their own called the Boson ExSim Max. Odom's book comes with an exam by Odom himself but it uses the Boson exam engine (not sure if they still use the Boson engine in the 3rd edition). Nevertheless, I used the exams that came with Odom's book to pass my CCNA and I thought that it was much more difficult than the real thing and it really tests whether you know your stuff.
  • lincis_auslincis_aus Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just finished the ICND1 exam. PASSED WITH 925 :D

    It wasn't as easy as some people here said, there were certainly some tricky questions in there, and you really needed to know your stuff, especially subnetting. Some of the questions were worded so strangely that i though was ridiculous that Cisco tested you on your English, rather than on your knowledge.

    You can look at the first post if you are curious to know what my study strategy was.

    Cheers guys, I'm just about to book my ICND2 :)
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Posts: 313Member
    lincis_aus wrote: »
    Just finished the ICND1 exam. PASSED WITH 925 :D

    It wasn't as easy as some people here said, there were certainly some tricky questions in there, and you really needed to know your stuff, especially subnetting. Some of the questions were worded so strangely that i though was ridiculous that Cisco tested you on your English, rather than on your knowledge.

    You can look at the first post if you are curious to know what my study strategy was.

    Cheers guys, I'm just about to book my ICND2 :)

    Awesome news! I'm sure you can't wait to get that certificate in the mail!
  • beach5563beach5563 Posts: 344Member
    lincis_aus wrote: »
    Just finished the ICND1 exam. PASSED WITH 925 :D

    It wasn't as easy as some people here said, there were certainly some tricky questions in there, and you really needed to know your stuff, especially subnetting. Some of the questions were worded so strangely that i though was ridiculous that Cisco tested you on your English, rather than on your knowledge.

    You can look at the first post if you are curious to know what my study strategy was.

    Cheers guys, I'm just about to book my ICND2 :)
    Congrats man, wow its been a lot of people passing cisco exams recently.
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Posts: 284Member
    Congrats on the pass; good luck on the ICND2!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

    Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

    Next up: RHCSA
  • lincis_auslincis_aus Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it :)
Sign In or Register to comment.