Options

Ccent - Tuesday

lincis_auslincis_aus Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Booked my ICND1 for Tuesday after a month and a half of study.

My study plan was:

Watched CBT 2x
Watched TrainSignal 2x
Read Odom book 2x, 2nd time doing notes on every page
Spent 1 whole day on subnetting
Spent 1 whole day on configuration and show commands
Spent whole day today on Boson exam sim (bought today, hopefully not a waste of 99$)

1st attempt at Boson was 90%, a couple i got wrong were not relevant to ICND1, and on one i made a stupid mistake.

I think I am ready, just got 2 more Trainsignal video to watch, and might read over my notes until Tuesday. I must mention that i have 5 years of Cisco experience (College and University), finished both CCNA and CCNP courses, just have been too lazy to take the exams.

I shall inform you on how i went.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're getting 90's on the Boson environment, I would stop watching the videos for the sake of watching the videos. At this point try to find your weakest area and really grind into it for the next couple of days.

Sounds like you're about ready.
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    YFZblu wrote: »
    If you're getting 90's on the Boson environment, I would stop watching the videos for the sake of watching the videos. At this point try to find your weakest area and really grind into it for the next couple of days.

Sounds like you're about ready.

I agree. At this point you should start running through Boson or Transcender practice tests on the ICND1 and as much practice subnetting as you can.
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are scoring 90% on Boson you will easily be in the 900's during the real exam. The Boson exam is much harder than the actual Cisco exam. Good Luck
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Yep, I'd say you'll pass! Better be a perfect score too :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Good luck! Quick question, are these boson net sims the same simulator that is offered in ODOMS 3rd edition book?
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    higherho wrote: »
    Good luck! Quick question, are these boson net sims the same simulator that is offered in ODOMS 3rd edition book?
    Boson has their own called the Boson ExSim Max. Odom's book comes with an exam by Odom himself but it uses the Boson exam engine (not sure if they still use the Boson engine in the 3rd edition). Nevertheless, I used the exams that came with Odom's book to pass my CCNA and I thought that it was much more difficult than the real thing and it really tests whether you know your stuff.
  • Options
    Just finished the ICND1 exam. PASSED WITH 925 :D

It wasn't as easy as some people here said, there were certainly some tricky questions in there, and you really needed to know your stuff, especially subnetting. Some of the questions were worded so strangely that i though was ridiculous that Cisco tested you on your English, rather than on your knowledge.

You can look at the first post if you are curious to know what my study strategy was.

Cheers guys, I'm just about to book my ICND2 :)
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    lincis_aus wrote: »

It wasn't as easy as some people here said, there were certainly some tricky questions in there, and you really needed to know your stuff, especially subnetting. Some of the questions were worded so strangely that i though was ridiculous that Cisco tested you on your English, rather than on your knowledge.

You can look at the first post if you are curious to know what my study strategy was.

Awesome news! I'm sure you can't wait to get that certificate in the mail!
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lincis_aus wrote: »

Congrats man, wow its been a lot of people passing cisco exams recently.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats on the pass; good luck on the ICND2!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it :)