Options

Need help with resume

josdmyerjosdmyer Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm working on my skill section for my resume. I'm a college student who hasn't had any professional IT experience, but I have volunteered at my high school doing repairs, backups, hardware/software maintenance, setting up a linux file server. I have had to program in c++, c#, c, java, assembly, sql, and I have taken networking and other classes. Here is what I have so far for my skill section:

Willingness to learn, able to work in a group or alone, familiarity with setting up a home file server with security, c++, sql, Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, and Linux and bash.

I would appreciate any help.

Here is what I have so far for my resume:

[h=1]Objective[/h]To find employment in the Information Technology Services, where I can apply my ability to produce exceptional work and meet deadlines.
[h=2]Education[/h]University of Tennessee at XXXXX

Major: Computer Science
Intended Degree Date: 05/2013

XXXXX High School
Degree Date: 5/2008
[h=1]Skills[/h]Willingness to learn, able to work in a group or alone, familiarity with setting up a home file server with security, c++, sql, Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, and Linux and bash.
[h=2]Relevant Experience[/h][h=2]Volunteer, XXXXX High School, XXXXX, TN 9/2006 – 5/2008[/h]
  • Installed, replaced and maintained all hardware/software components on PC's for classroom network. Transported and inventoried computer essentials in preparation for deployment.
  • Managed and installed OS update services for computers on a routine basis, which included Windows XP, MAC OS X, and Ubuntu versions 6.06/6.10/7.04/7.10/8.04.
  • Implemented an Ubuntu File Server and designed the security for in-classroom use. Issued instruction to our technical team about specifications on using the Ubuntu File Server
  • Provided hands-on computer support for school teachers, to skillfully resolve all issues within a timely manner.
[h=2]Other Experience[/h][h=2]Usher Supervisor, XXXXX, XXXXX, TN 9/2007 - Present[/h]
  • Supervise up to 12 ushers
  • Assist and address customer’s problems
  • Keep the facilities clean
[h=2]Usher, XXXX, XXXXX, TN 5/2006 – 9/2007[/h]
  • Kept the facilities clean
  • Took customers’ movie tickets
  • Assisted customers
Reference
Available upon request

Comments