Could someone critique my new resume?

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I started from scratch after having my resume critiqued on here about a week ago, this is my new one. Any advice or input would be much obliged.

censored resume.doc
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    I'll take a stab. First off, I love the Resume format--looks very similar to mine! (In a good way)

Moreover, I like the fact that you have a target job that you're looking for (Entry-Level Helpdesk). Sometimes you wouldn't want to put that on your resume as you wouldn't want to limit yourself to ONLY those positions...but if that's all you're planning on applying for then you shouldn't worry too much.

I know you want to list your certifications that you're currently studying for but I think you're better off to leave them off the Resume. Employers hear all day how this candidate is perusing this cert and another candidate is perusing another. It really doesn't mean anything until you have the certificate in your hand. Don't get me wrong though there is nothing wrong with letting your future employer know you're pursing certs but I don't think the available space on your resume under "Certifications" is that place.

Few minor things, I'd change the heading that says "Technology Summary" to "Technological Expertise". I'd also change the heading "Experience" to "Professional Experience". Just sounds a bit better to me. Also, under your Professional Experience section limit yourself to 2-3 bullets under each job. There is nothing wrong with the information you have just looks a bit cluttered and boring on the eyes. Putting that information in bullet form and potentially eliminating some fluff will do your resume great. (and the people who are reading it)

A few minor changes, I'd add a bit of space between each line and the following heading. I don't like how it looks to have the heading just squeezed right below the line. Looks a bit cluttered to me.

Overall I think it's a great start and you shouldn't have a problem with it.
  • bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 thank you for the feedback
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one