Options

Anyone attending SANSFIRE 2012 in DC?

ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was accepted to the Work Study program, so looks like I'll be attending the GPEN course! :D

Anyone else attending SANSFIRE 2012 in July?

Comments

• Options
    Maximus54Maximus54 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did you get accepted in the work study program? That seems to be the only way that I can attend the program since my employer does not want to pay.
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Congrats on being accepted! GPEN is a very interesting course, especially if Ed Skoudis is teaching it. Like you, I was accepted to participate in the work-study program last year for GREM, but I had to turn it down as I could not give my employer a proper notice. I don't have any plans on participating again in the near future, but I wish you all the best!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maximus54 wrote: »
    How did you get accepted in the work study program? That seems to be the only way that I can attend the program since my employer does not want to pay.

You just have to fill out an application on the website (see below) and pray they accept you. I was accepted once before for an Orlando conference, but could not get my job to pay for travel. It seems if you have a good amount of related work and/or instructional experience, you have a decent shot at landing a spot. Apply for multiple conference for your best bet. Good luck!

https://www.sans.org/work-study
    ipchain wrote: »
    Congrats on being accepted! GPEN is a very interesting course, especially if Ed Skoudis is teaching it. Like you, I was accepted to participate in the work-study program last year for GREM, but I had to turn it down as I could not give my employer a proper notice. I don't have any plans on participating again in the near future, but I wish you all the best!

Thanks! I'm really excited about the opportunity. Should be an excellent learning experience and a great networking opportunity. Ed Skoudis is indeed teaching the GPEN course, and given all the praise I've heard, I can't wait to work with him!