Finally got around to it!

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm intending to take the ITIL foundation exam next week. But need to know if ISEB / BH0-012 is the right exam?
I am a bit confused about exam numbers. Has v3 been retired now? and BH0-012 its replacement?

I am in the UK.

I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Is it not EX0-101?
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vik210 wrote: »
    Is it not EX0-101?

isn't EXIN American?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
    MrXpert wrote: »
    isn't EXIN American?

The link says EXIN is global certification company. I may not be interpreting correctly.

http://www.itil-officialsite.com/ExaminationInstitutes/ExamInstitutes.aspx
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a look at that one but it appears EX0-101 is discontinued now.

The new one is EX0-117 and this relates to 2011 syllabus.

I'm still confused as thought the exam was by ISEB.

LOL never had so much fun trying to book and exam.
    Yaa, I just realised it is not straight forward. I gave the exam few months ago. I called prometric centre and booked the date and time on the phone. Give it a try and see if it works for you. Also check the link below.
    Booking your ITIL Exam with Prometric - ILX Group
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I remember this drove me crazy when I tried to understand how to book and exam cause it is so unlike other certs... There is EXIN and ISEB, two organizations, and both issue ITIL certification.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The ITIL scheme is a bit complicated! The UK Government's Cabinet Office own ITIL. They have entered into a contract with the APM Group who run the ITIL education scheme on their behalf. The APM Group approve Examination Institutes who are licensed to sell ITIL exams and accredit training organisations.

Both EXIN and ISEB are Examination Institutes - it doesn't matter which one you book with, the exam and the qualifiation will be the same. You will just have a different companies logo on your certificate, but that won't affect the certificate itself.

V3 has been replaced by the 2011 version of ITIL which they are just calling 'ITIL' - no version number.

If you've got any questions, drop me a line icon_smile.gif

Claire
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @Claire - thanks for clarifying that. What are the current exam numbers ? I noticed that we have EXIN-117 and ITIL-F, are those the same thing ?
    Hi Zorodzai

I don't know - we use Loyalist Exams (www.loyalistexams.com) for all our delegates, not EXIN or ISEB. Loyalist provide webcam proctored exams that you can take anywhere without visiting a test centre.

No one should be selling the 'old' Foundation exam as it's been withdrawn for a long time now, but if in doubt contact the relevant Examination Institute and tell them you want the 2011 aligned ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.

Kind regards

Claire
  • manishomanisho Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,
    I want to appear for ITIL foundation exam according to 2011 syllabus.

Please suggest me a good book for ITIL foundation as I do not want to read wrong material for passing the exam.

Thanks in Advance.

Manish Orkey.
    Hi Manish

I can't recommend a book because my organisation doesn't use them, but there are many available. A search on Amazon will get you started - look for the 2011 syllabus and also look for anything that's been licensed or published by the official ITIL accreditor.

If you find anything that you're not sure about, send me a quick note and I'll take a look and see if I can help.

kind regards

Claire