• Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    For me, here's my game plan:

Finish B.S. at WGU
    MCITP:SA
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP (Switch)
    CCNA:Wireless (if I get the chance.)

I'd love to do more than one CCNP exam, but I'm trying to be realistic...
  • Options
    rwdplzrwdplz Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got my CompTIA A+, hoping to get Network+ and CCENT before April. I plan on studying hard-core for the FE exam on April 13th, so that might slow down the computer cert studying until then.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I have updated my plan as follows:

The Year of the Entry Level! (I felt like I was trying to reach too far too fast)

Network+
    MCTS: 70-680
    Security+ (maybe)
    ITIL (BIG maybe.. was very boring last time I tried.)
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Finish up Undergraduate - IT
    Maybe - CCENT & CCNA or LPIC1

I guess this year will be a make up year and a half since school has zapped all my personal study time and energy.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    redfoot12redfoot12 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My goals for 2013:
    March--ITIL Foundation 2011 (scheduled)
    May--CAPM
    December--Graduate with my B.S. degree in Information Systems from VCU (Go Rams!)
  • Options
    SirbloodySirbloody Member Posts: 112
    My goals are:
    ICND1
    ICND2
    CCNA Security

Hopefully I can find the time to get everything done.
    WGU: BS-IT Security (Start Date 1 June 2013)
    Classes Left: EUP1, BOV1, TXC1, TXP1, TYC1, TYP1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, GAC1, HHT1, COV1, CQV1, QLT1, BVC1, RIT1, BNC1, IWC1, IWT1, DJV1, TPV1, CVV1, CJV1, CNV1, AGC1, CUV1, EUC1
    Completed: CPV1, AXV1, DHV1 BBC1, WFV1, CLC1, CTV1, DRV1. DSV1, LAE1
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Started year with no cert plans but since I have free vouchers to take Linux+ I'm aiming to get that before September
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At first my goals for 2013 were CCENT, CCNA and CCNA Security. My studies are actually going better than expected, I'm already done my CCENT and CCNA after the first 40 days of the year. So I now plan on taking CCNA Security by the end of March or early April. So I guess now I'll have enough time to do the Network+ and Security+ pretty easily since the material matches a bit and I know a lot of since I studied in networking and security. My goal for 2013 is now to have a 5 cert year.. maybe 6 we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My goals for the year:

Mar - May - MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
    July - Aug - MCSA: Windows Server 2008
    Nov - Dec - MCITP: Virtualization Administrator
    2014 Get started on VMWare

Hopefully I will get all of these done ahead of schedule and be able to start on VMWare by 4th quarter this year.

Gene
  • Options
    TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Finishing up my MBA (2 courses left)

Scratch the PMP no time to take it and doesn't apply to my new role / direction.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Finish MCSA 2003 (just one exam left), upgrade it to MCSA 2008 and then start on VCP.
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    CCNA Voice: Completed

CCNP Voice: Passed CVOICE, four exams remaining.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA Voice
    CCNP Route and Swtich,
    LPIC 1 and 2 and ITIL
    New Job :)

Though am running out of time. We will see come December
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    vr2312vr2312 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Refresh my CCNA
    Give Security +
    Start Studying for CISSP

Will also be reading about CEH
    Getting experience on SIEM
    Don't be complacent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    My plans just took a huge shift - I'm going for RHCSA/RHCE in May/June. My employer needs someone to pickup those certs, after taking Red Hat's self assessment, I realized I'm a lot stronger at Red Hat than I give myself credit for. Pretty sure I can pass with a couple months of study.

Should be enough to wash off that "Windows guy" label.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    I remember a few years ago when i got my MCSA 2003, the jokes were all over the place, with some using the term "must call himself a systems administrator" whenever i would walk by lol

Yep it sucks being known as the windows guy
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    ShamPOWShamPOW Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just picked up my JNCIA-Junos this week. Next up is CCNA security, followed by CCNP Route/Switch/Tshoot. Trying to get into a different department in my company (an ISP) that deals with managed firewall services, along with some MPLS VPN related things.
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    JustFred wrote: »
    Yep it sucks being known as the windows guy

It's a derogatory, hate fueled term, and should be erased from the English language. Congress should pass a law requiring at least seven words always separate the words "Windows" and "guy" in the same sentence.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    jmritenour wrote: »
    It's a derogatory, hate fueled term, and should be erased from the English language. Congress should pass a law requiring at least seven words always separate the words "Windows" and "guy" in the same sentence.

Actually it just seems to me the other Admins don't take you seriously.
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certs:
    A+ (Scheduled)
    Network+ (April/May)
    Security+ (May/June)
    MTA:OS, Software (To cut CU's for WGU this fall)
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pass a Windows test. 2008 server - 640

Renew GSEC

start LPI certs
  • Options
    gp7816gp7816 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finishing up A+, then Network+, Security+ after that. Contemplating some Microsoft by the end of the year hopefully, just not sure which one(s).
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm revising my 2013 goals: Get the CCNP R&S done and get the CCNP Security started.

There is no way I'd finish both these certifications this year without rushing them and not really learning the core material as well as I need for my job.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    anurockanurock Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi iam new to certification exams n i wold like to appear for MCTS on Win 8 .could any1 help me how to appear for the exam ?and what are its eligibilties ( if any) for appearing exam?
  • Options
    flash27flash27 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am working on my Net+ then I will focus in school to get my Bachelors in Information Technology Management.
  • Options
    xdilemmaxdilemma Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am working on my CCNA hopefully I'll complete it by June. Next up would be Linux + and probably a MCTS server cert.
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GoodBishop wrote: »
    My certification goals this year include:

PCIP
    One of the following certifications: CEH, GCIH, CCNA

Considering I work full time, am in classes for a MBA full time, and have a 7 month old, I think that's it for me. Also, keep the 4.0 GPA going.
    The first one is done, and the GCIH will be done in August - that's the plan. GPA dropped to a 3.99, darn it.
  • Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    Focusing on my degree now after achieving my RHCE 1 month ago.
    I might go for CEH sometime in the next few years
    in between the Degree & life I'm going more deeply into Python
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    So I now plan on taking CCNA Security by the end of March or early April. So I guess now I'll have enough time to do the Network+ and Security+ pretty easily since the material matches a bit and I know a lot of since I studied in networking and security.

While Security+ has some utility (It helps to get Department of Defense jobs) ...Network+ is worthless if you already have a CCNA.

You can replace Network+ with maybe reading the book, and also reading Network Warrior, but you don't need Network+ if you already have CCNA.

Hope this helps.

To update on my plan:

2013 Accomplished:
    Month - Exam
    01 - Complete WGU MSISA
    03 - SWITCH
    03 - TSHOOT
    03 - CCNP R&S

2013 Pending:
    Month - Exam
    -- - R&S Written
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)