Options

IT Management Career

murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Board,

Had a question in particular to career advance/change. I've been in IT for 12 years and looking to get out of the nitty gritty of doing 100% tech work everyday. I have made strides as now I am currently a Team Lead/Supervisor of a technical department, where my responsibilities have changed to doing sys admin work to now more of managing the day to day work flow of the department. I still troubleshoot technical issues, but that's more of 10% duty of my week. I love my position and want to continue on the track to IT Management. To help my education toward IT management, I have just become ITIL-F certified last week and wanted to know more about the Intermediate level exam. Is there a exam # associated with the Intermediate exam? I plan on taking the Service Strategy LifeCycle first, but not sure of an exam number to I can get the correct book. Also anybody know of a good ITIL Intermediate training? Was looking for something under $2,000 if possible.

Thanks Board
Next up
CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
ITIL Intermediate Service Operations

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Murdatapes

The ITIL exams beyond Foundation level require you to take an accredited course, so most exams are provided via training providers. There isn't an exam number that you can use to order them via a Prometric centre.

For $2000 you can definitely take an online course and you may even be able to find a classroom course in your area for that price. The full list of ITIL training providers is here: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/TrainingOrganisations/ATOListing.aspx - you need to make sure you take an accredited course in order to present for the exam.

If you've got any questions about ITIL training please don't hesitate to ask.

Claire