Options

Exam code for ITIL Foundation and study time

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I just tried booking and exam through Pearsonvue but just cudn't figure out the exact exam code.Is it thorugh the Exin link?
Can I reschedule my exam after I book it like the Cisco exam?

I have bought a book called ITIL Foundation exam guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris [ ISBN 978-1-119-94275-7 ]
and plan to pass this exam before the end of this month.Is the study time enough for passing the exam considering the fact that the book has got only 13 chapters?

Comments

• Options
    praving5praving5 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Palit,
    You can reschedule the exams. No issues there.

The exam code is ITIL-F if you book through PV but is EX0-117 if you book through Prometric.

The book you specified is good. For other books, please read the thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/itil-certifications/83831-books-shall-i-buy.html

I took the exam recently (on Jan 22, 2013) and I would say I prepared for approx. 50 hours. But, you may not need 50 hours. I kind of read a lot of material which was available to me but may not be available to you such as (official guides for ITIL, our company ITIL training material etc.)

Please let me know if you have any other questions. All the best!
  • Options
    Thanks praving5.I passed my exam yesterday :)
  • Options
    NivakuNivaku Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok so in PearsonVUE the exam code is ITIL-F (2011 Syllabus) is that correct? Is this a lifetime certification?
  • Options
    ITSupermanITSuperman Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITIL certifications don't expire, however I have seen the exams go from v2 to v3, and now 2011, so depending on your company, you may need to update your certification as new exams come out. Hope this answers your question.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry not trying to hijack this thread but is it possible to take the ITIL Intermediate courses ( SO,CSI etc ) directly from ITIL v2 .

I have been certified in ITIL v2 Foundation and would like to know if i can take the ITIL Intermediate course straight away ( or is my only route to ITIL Intermediate courses is after passing my ITIL v3 )
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Dr IT

I've just answered this question in your other thread - you will need to upgrade your Foundation certificate.

Claire
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    You need to spend a day or two on each chapter - the classroom course covers the material in 3 days, and so an hour a day for 3 weeks is fine.
    The course code on Pearson View is teh EXIN one - make sure you have the latest version (2011)- NOT 2007. You would have to ask them about rescheduling.
  • Options
    Hi Liz,I used you book for ITIL Foundation and I passed it..Thanks!!..I read all the 13 chapters and solved the sample questions and I did not need anything else :)
    You need to spend a day or two on each chapter - the classroom course covers the material in 3 days, and so an hour a day for 3 weeks is fine.
    The course code on Pearson View is teh EXIN one - make sure you have the latest version (2011)- NOT 2007. You would have to ask them about rescheduling.
  • Options
    bhushansurvebhushansurve Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried to register using Prometric today- The exam number is - BCS / BH0-012. and the name:The Foundation ITIL® (2012 onwards). Is this correct?