Options

Critique my Resume please

timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,Please critique a high school senior resume. Thanks :D

Techexams.pdf

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take off objectives and move up certifications. Highlight will confuse the HR person I would change it to skill or something more descriptive.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    I'd say overall pretty good, and I agree with what DCD says. Also, I think your education paragraph doesn't read well. I don't think schools should really be a narrative. Put relevant course work on there and take out the fluff. Definitely get it to 1 page. There is nothing wrong with a two page resume, that's what I have, but if you are sending out two pages the second page should be pretty full, not just 1 line. I would honestly remove some of honors stuff too. Being on the BB team your freshmen year isn't that big of a deal, I get the attendance thing but the way I see that is you HAVEN'T had perfect attendance for 3 years, and no tardies... ehh... Here's the deal, you are a high schooler and you are making your first resume so you think you don't have a lot to go off of, but you actually do. Your resume is very impressive for someone just graduating HS, however, be careful, some of the things you include on your resume just make you look like a kid. Fix those things and I think you will be solid.
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    Try to stay away from so many bullet points and try to word the bullets points in a nice written summary of you experience and list a few highlights in bullet points.