Options

Critique my resume plox

timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Please critique my updated resume. My teacher told me to leave the "Objective" the way it is. I'm looking for an entry level IT job such as Help Desk/TechSupport

Thanks
Test.pdf

Comments

• Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would remove your address and phone number from the resume to post it on here. Just saying.

Get a more professional email as well.

Remove "Obtained A+ Certification, along with ...." sentence. Also remove continued to work after internship, bring this up in the interview.

Break up your bullet points under your jobs, Customer Service is something you wanna play up.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    - Combine those comptia certs into one line, you are wasting space there.
    - Expand on what you did at the school. Doesnt tell me much. The experience at the internship and at the school looks exactly the same, typo?

This is what I dont like about resumes, people chuck in every skill under the sun in a fancy "Skills" section and have nothing relating to the skills under their actual experience. You say you've got skills in Windows 7, in fact proficiency in it, but I dont see it in your experience. PUT IT THERE!! A hiring manager will be more impressed with what you have experience in rather than what you claim to have proficiency in. Cabling experience is also claimed, but no reference in the experience. Driven and hardworking, is that a skill? That's more like a trait.

A resume is valuable real estate, dont waste it. You have one chance, lemme say it again in case you missed it - YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE - to impress the HR person/hiring manager looking at 500 resumes. Do you want to take that chance or end up like the other resumes in the pile called trash?

Honest criticism, take it the right way icon_wink.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com