Options

The time has come: Resume Critique

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
I've decided to revamp my resume a little bit and make it more security focused as previously it was a little more spread out between all of my IT experience. Since I'm focusing on moving forward in security and targeting only security jobs I've taken out some unrelated stuff and added more of the security experience I have. I'm starting to apply for jobs so I'd like to get input from everyone.

I have two specific questions though:
1. As I study for and learn new things that I don't have experience in (pen test, ethical hacking, etc) should I add in a Knowledge section under the Technical Summary section listing areas I have knowledge in (I would eliminate non security skills to make room on the resume)?
2. If you are currently studying for and plan on testing for a cert in the near future, do you list it in your certs as "Pursuing XXXX"?

Thanks for your input!

JJ Resume for Techexams.doc
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would put the Certification above the tech summary. I would drop the George Washington University certificate: and change Managing IT Projects into IT Projects Management. Space out Technology Summary it looks like one paragraph. Move up education and add George Washington University certificate: IT Projects Management.

Drop the ( a combined) in your first sentence and I think you have too many (and) in your first sentence as well.