Options

ITIL Intermediate

Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi All

I would like to know if the newer ITIL Intermediate Courses can be taken with an ITIL v2 Foundation

I am certified in ITIL v2 Foundation and am interested in pursuing the ITIL intermediate modules & would like to check if i can take the ITIL Intermediate course or do i need to sit & pass by ITIL v3 ( to start my ITIL Intermediate modules)

Secondly , which would be the most logical starting point for the ITIL Intermediate courses ( is it Service Operations or Service Strategy ) . I work as a Tier 1/2 level Support and based on the objectives for each modules , service operations seems like the best fit given my work scenario but please correct me if i am wrong.
Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Dr IT

You will need to take the latest Foundation exam (ITIL 2011 has now superseded V3) before you can take the Intermediate courses. There used to be a V2 to V3 Foudation Bridge but that was withdrawn over a year ago now.

You should find the current Foundation quite simple if you already have ITIL experience - the best approach would be to grab the latest syllabus and a sample exam from the ITIL Official site (http://www.itil-officialsite.com/) and then use a study book specifically targeted towards the Foundation exam. You can then take the exam at Pearson Vue/Prometric/or via a remote proctor solution (e.g Loyalist Certification Services :: Loyalist Certification Services)

If you're intending to study to Expert level and take all the intermediate exams, we usually recommend our delegates start with a subject area they are familiar with - so Service Operation for yourself. That way you can get to grips with the amount of study required and the exam technique before you move on to less familiar subject matter like SS.

Hope that helps but drop me a note if you've got any questions.

Claire