Options

Sdm

jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, I have bin labing, going through CBT nuggets, train signal, ect ect. I can not find the SDM on cisco's website anywhere, populer rumor is that it is not part of the ASA line, not available for the standard router. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can alway use CCP. Its the "new" SDM.
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SDM was replace by CCP like JasminLandry said a few years back. Current curriculum use the CCP.
  • Options
    jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, what does CCP stand for so I can find it.
  • Options
    Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here you go. :)

Cisco Configuration Professional - Products & Services - Cisco Systems

You can use it with GNS3 if you want to give it a shot... Youtube GNS3 with CCP for the setup instructions...

Hatch
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SDM was dropped [from what I can tell] on the new ICND1 and ICND2. The old ICND1 [which you can take until September] still lists configuring DHCP and NAT via SDM as an exam objective. Personally, I have never been able to get SDM fully working. It's a Java issue as some of the functionality is not usable with a current version of Java. I tried installing the Java version that was specifically listed as compatible, but no luck. Personally, I'd rather config it from the CLI anyways. DHCP on the CLI is easy. Basic SNAT and DNAT aren't too difficult either.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I never once ran into or even used SDM/CCP during my CCNA. Not sure why they mention it?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I never once ran into or even used SDM/CCP during my CCNA. Not sure why they mention it?

I've seen a number of other people indicate the same thing. Perhaps, it has been unofficially removed (still on the objectives, but no longer covered on the actual exam).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]