Options

Taking Foundation tomorrow.

EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been sitting in class for two days now trying to wrap my head around ITIL. Trying to "get it". I've been in IT for fourteen years, and have worked in a few ITIL shops. The buzzwords and weasely marketing stuff is making me crazy, though.

I'm sure I'll pass the test (I've been averaging the mid-30s on the practice tests we've been given) since I can fake my way through buzzwords with the best of them. It just drives me up the wall to see simple things made complicated for no good reason.
Currently Reading: A cereal box
BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016

Comments

• Options
    nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the test. I am sure you will do well, have to take it soon too for work ...
  • Options
    Well, I took the test. It was the paper version, though so I don't find out how I did for a while. Three were only three questions I really paused on, so I'm sure it's fine.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We were fortunate to get the week long training at work this week, and I passed an online version of the exam. I had been reading the material in a couple books for a couple weeks prior to the training, and found it somewhat confusing. However, as we had training this week so much of the Foundations came into focus. Honestly, after going through the framework I think I will find the concepts useful on the job, and I hope our team and management begins to truly put this framework in use to help our company view IT as valuable in the services - and customer service - we should be providing. I would highly recommend this training, and the Foundations certification - at least - to anyone in IT.

Let us know how you did EasyMac308. I actually found the exam to be a bit more challenging than I expected. Great material though.
  • Options
    Just got my results - 36/40 (90%). Piece of cake.

One thing our instructor told us is that the national pass rate is somewhere around 87%. This is one of those exams, I think, where between common sense and normal "eliminate the stupid answers" test taking techniques will see you through.

Now, if I was asked to recreate some of those crazy charts, I'd be in trouble :).
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! That's a great result :)
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, hoping to take mine later this summer.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity