Resume critique

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am updating my resume to apply for an internal job posting. Please do not hold back, I want this to be as close to perfect as I can get it. I opted to leave off my education since I am still in school and not sure how to word it.

Rosco_TE.doc

Comments

• sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    Looks good, but why the dotted border at the bottom half. You're transferring internally, the should be a cake transfer.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats odd on the bottom. I fixed it though now. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You dont say what kind of internal post it is, is it still along the lines of desktop support? is more server support? networking? security?

Reason I ask is your skills section looks very light to me, kind of looks like you added it as an after thought, or to try and make the page longer. I would suggest trying to beef it up with skills most relevant to the new position you're trying for such as relevent software/hardware.
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    It's an internal move, so really it shouldn't require much. It's much cheaper for a company to move internally than an outside resource.

Just show up at the new position and start working, they'll love the initiative icon_smile.gif
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just because its an Internal position doesn't mean he wont have competition for it. Better to be properly prepared then to come in just short.
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It still a desktop support but more software related to the software and programs we sell to customers. It would be moving to the parent company and dealing with outside customers. My ultimate goal is to get into programming, my manager and IT director know of this. Thats why I was suggested to apply. I would be in the same building as our developers where I would work with them a lot more than i presently do.