Options

ITIL V3 foundation exam on sef study basis

panku04panku04 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I want to undergo ITIL V3 foundation exam on self study basis. Kindly guide which books I need to undergo for the ITIL V3 foundation exam.

Kindly guide me.

Comments

• Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    I just passed on Wednesday June 26 2013 using the following videos only. Mensch! training - ITIL version 3
  • Options
    Thanks Santaowns for your reply. I'll definitely go through this online training. Please confirm if this is complied to ITIL 2011 Edition.
    Also confirm, have you tried any mock tests before going for actual exam.
    Thanks and regards
    santaowns wrote: »
    I just passed on Wednesday June 26 2013 using the following videos only. Mensch! training - ITIL version 3
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Panku, in order to study successfully for the Foundation exam it's advisable to choose a book which has been officially licensed and approved, and is aligned to the latest 2011 version of ITIL - not Version 3, which has undergone some changes. I've written 2 books for Foundation delegates which have both been reviewed against the syllabus and licensed by the owners of ITIL. ITIL Foundation Essentials is a pocket book with just the facts you need for the exam (http://www.amazon.co.uk/ITIL-Foundation-Essentials-Exam-Facts/dp/1849283990) and ITIL Lifecycle Essentials (http://www.amazon.co.uk/ITIL-Lifecycle-Essentials-Claire-Agutter/dp/1849284172) has the facts you need for the exam but also some guidance for going on to work with ITIL in the real world. Lifecycle Essentials also covers processes and concepts that are not part of the Foundation syllabus. They're not the only books available, but they are the ones I'm most familiar with icon_smile.gif Claire
  • Options
    Hi Claire, Thanks for your reply. I was looking for the ITIL Foundation Essentials here in India but not able to find on any Indian website. Can you please help how and from where I can get one here in India.

Regards
    Panku
  • Options
    Hi Panku, you can order the ebook from here (ITIL Foundation Essentials: The exam facts you need) - I think they will ship physical books to India but I don't know about costs or timing. Good luck and I hope you enjoy learning about ITIL, Claire
  • Options
    Thanks Claire for a quick reply and your wishes. I'll check with them.

Regards
    Panku
  • Options
    RabinRabin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all including Claire, Can I just go through the book that Claire has given the link to. Will it be sufficient to pass the exam or do I need more books? Regards, Rabin
  • Options
    Hi Rabin, as per my views, if you have practical knowledge or real world experience of ITIL, then these books are sufficient for you.
  • Options
    Hi Rabin, both of the books I authored were accredited by the ITIL scheme owner as meeting the Foundation syllabus requirements. I also recommend you use the syllabus document and free sample exam available on the ITIL Official Site to test your readiness before you take the live exam. Good luck! Claire
  • Options
    LeanneBall2007LeanneBall2007 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Rabin

There are tons of materials that are available online to prepare yourself for ITIL Foundation exam. There are also free sample papers that you can attempt to test your preparation.

I started my career as a ITIL trainer by researching lot on each topic. During the course of which I found that videos prepared by a professor in Charles Stuart University , These are fun, informative and ample examples quoted which I have been using in my class.

A sample video is here :CSU: ITIL v3 The Concept of Good Practice - YouTube

Also you may find website like below useful in finding free resources.

ITILyaBrady: ITIL Exam Resources - ITILyaBrady
    www.**************

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
    Leanne
  • Options
    markbridges12markbridges12 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Leanna. Was searching for some resources myself and these are good. The videos are informative - thanks. However, a face popping up now and then would have helped to keep the attention going :) The free tests from itilyabrady are basically pdfs - 1 pdf with questions and the other one with answers...do you know of any place where I can take an actual online exam and not have to switch between 2 pdfs? Didn't get the 3rd link..maybe links are disabled for you..can u just let us know the name instead? Google should do the rest :)
  • Options
    Thanks Leanna. Was searching for some resources myself and these are good. The videos are informative - thanks. However, a face popping up now and then would have helped to keep the attention going :) The free tests from itilyabrady are basically pdfs - 1 pdf with questions and the other one with answers...do you know of any place where I can take an actual online exam and not have to switch between 2 pdfs? Didn't get the 3rd link..maybe links are disabled for you..can u just let us know the name instead? Google should do the rest :)

Hi Mark,

Glad you found the videos helpful :). The other website I quoted was from MyITstudy , they have an app and free test and some informative free resources.

Wish you the best for your exam!!

Regards
    Leanne
  • Options
    zach.mantlezach.mantle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot guys. I went through all these resources. They are really helpful especially the free tests and the apps.
  • Options
    markbridges12markbridges12 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the free test on the myitstudy site seemed good, but my score wasn't icon_sad.gif I obviously need to study more... It looked like a pretty decent imitation of the actual exam, from what I gather how the actual exam is like...the android app is not bad at all for revision - it has a good little quiz included as well. thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Mark

I am glad you found the resources quoted earlier helpful. The app you tried from MyITstudy is infact one of my favorites , well almost second, first one being all those witty and useful videos in YouTube by a professor from Clark University!

Best Regards
    Leanne