Options

Best Android App for ITIL?

markbridges12markbridges12 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am planning to take the ITIL foundation exam in a month or so, but I just don't have the time to go through a course or read a book. I would anyday prefer an app. Can anyone suggest a really good android app to prepare for ITIL? I would prefer if it is free, but I am ok shelling out a few dollars if the app is really good.

Comments

• Options
    LeanneBall2007LeanneBall2007 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you in the IT field?

Most people are of the opinion that ITIL Foundation is rather simple. But in case you are looking to pursue your certification beyond the Foundation level , I suggest you go through the concepts thoroughly.

I think an app would be suggested only if you have some knowledge or idea about the processes and concepts in ITIL
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Mark, I wouldn't recommend you rely on these alone to take the Foundation exam, but my organisation has published a couple of free apps that will help you get to grips with ITIL definitions and terminology. There is a word scrambler, and a missing word app. You can download them from the google store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ittrainingzone.itwords&feature=search_result and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ittrainingzone.itanagrams&feature=search_result Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    Are you in the IT field?

Most people are of the opinion that ITIL Foundation is rather simple. But in case you are looking to pursue your certification beyond the Foundation level , I suggest you go through the concepts thoroughly.

I think an app would be suggested only if you have some knowledge or idea about the processes and concepts in ITIL

I am in an entry level role in an IT company...a mix of UNIX and Databases right now. We did have a half day session on some basic ITIL concepts at office and the organization as a whole seems to be highlighting ITIL as one of a bunch of certifications which are good to have. So I know in general about the different lifecycles, but not the details. Hence, was looking for an app which can help me get started.
  • Options
    Hi Claire

Thanks for the links to the apps...I am not sure about the anagram one - can't see how it can help one learn or revise concepts, but the missing word app would be useful as a revision tool I guess. But first I need to go through the content of the different lifecycles I believe, as both of you have suggested. I downloaded quite a few apps myself to see how they were. The one which comes up on top when you search for 'ITIL' in the Play Store (from Rye technology) is quite good...covers a lot of things. The one by Edusys Services (search for 'MyITstudy ITIL' in play store) is similar to your missing word app but has a reverse quiz as well where you can test yourself on either the term or the definition - which is good. Again - will use that for revision. For now, the one from Rye seems to be the closest to what I was looking for.