new SANS Course: SEC561: Hands-On Security Practitioner with NetWars

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
I'm fairly sure this is new, although the number sounds familiar...

Anyway, the class is six days, hands on I suppose, ending with a netwars CTF, sounds like a unique learning opportunity.

Network Security 2013: Hands-On Security Practitioner with NetWars

Comments

• BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This looks good (but still expensive). I am still debating on whether to take 504 or 560 after I finish the C|EH in a few weeks.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Looks good ! So thats another Years Bonus paid directly to SANS !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Breadfan wrote: »
    This looks good (but still expensive). I am still debating on whether to take 504 or 560 after I finish the C|EH in a few weeks.

my personal opinion is GCIH, vice GPEN. Look on here, they have some reviews of the GPEN, and I was thinking GCIH gives a better presentation, idk.
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am leaning towards the GCIH. Per your signature Seph, you are currently studying towards the GCIH. Did you take the On-Demand, Live, or Self-study route?
    On a side note, how did you find the C|EH exam? I'm going for the v7 since there arent any v8 materials out yet and I am taking a CISSP class in September that my company is paying for so I want to be done by then. I am probably doing overkill studying for the exam, but I dont think there is such a thing as "over-prepared". I may just be doing overkill for it.

I am thinking of doing the GCIH then the GPEN, then the GCIA. Not sure if there is a specific order on this, but per the SANS site, there doesnt seem to be.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do the GCIH then GPEN and then the GCIA in that order. GCIH and GPEN are similar enough that you can go from one right into the other (netcat, nmap, VNC, tcpdump, etc are all over GCIH and GPEN). GCIA will be Wireshark, Snort, and tcpdump type of tools that you will be going over...
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I took the vLive I think? good if you can take the time off.

I took v6, it was a typical Ec-Council exam. No v8 materials, but I think we've had a few people who passed here havent we?