Options

Question on ITIL certification

saratssarats Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am having 3 years experience in a leading MNC in IT industry mainly in support and maintenance projects.Currently i dont have any certifications.I have to boost my resume to seek opportunities outside.I am preparing for my ITIl foundation exams now.I would like to know if i continue with the ITIl intermediate certification Would that be helpful for my aim?.What are the roles I can play with my experience with ITIL intermediate certification(lifecycle or capability).I have seen replies from persons with good experience in different threads.I really need help in this as i am in a dilemma.

Comments

• Options
    LeanneBall2007LeanneBall2007 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sarats wrote: »
    Hi,

I am having 3 years experience in a leading MNC in IT industry mainly in support and maintenance projects.Currently i dont have any certifications.I have to boost my resume to seek opportunities outside.I am preparing for my ITIl foundation exams now.I would like to know if i continue with the ITIl intermediate certification Would that be helpful for my aim?.What are the roles I can play with my experience with ITIL intermediate certification(lifecycle or capability).I have seen replies from persons with good experience in different threads.I really need help in this as i am in a dilemma.

Hi,

Since you have mentioned that you are in the role of support and maintenance, once you complete your ITIL Foundation , you can take OSA from the capability module and SO from the lifecycle module. Both of these deal with the operations part of service. To deal in depth with maintenance you could also attempt PPO and RCV , though RCV is more on the release aspect of a service.

Are you planning to attend and training camp for ITIL Foundation?

Regards
    Leanne
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the reply.I am currently preparing for my foundation exam and would like to take training for my intermediate.I have only 3 years experience in IT(application support).With my experience and an intermediate certification in OSA.What may be the positions i can seek.I want to seek opportunity outside my company.
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    sarats : Are you from India ?
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    Yes. I am from india
  • Options
    LeanneBall2007LeanneBall2007 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Operational Support and Analysis qualification would suit candidates in the following IT professions or areas:

• Configuration Manager
    • Availability Manager
    • System Software
    • Applications Support
    • IT Operations Manager

• Network Control and Operation
    • Database Administrator
    • Problem Manager
    • Network Support

You can find information like this in detail in http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILQualificationLevels/OperationalSupportandAnalysis.aspx

They also have dedicated sections for all lifecycle and capability modules

Hope this helps

Best Regards
    Leanne
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I am writing the foundation exam next week.Do i have to fill anything during the exam ie (exam code,language etc....).Please advise.