Options

Criticize my resume please

ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Let me know if my sample resume looks good to go or needs work.sample resume.pdf

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Drop most of the Technical Skills section and incorporate it into your actual work experience. The way I currently see your resume is - you seem to have pulled keywords from the various job boards and created a whole soup of text. The work you've done doesnt seem to reflect the skills you claim to have. Either you dont have the skills or your resume doesnt tell me what you've really done.

You can easily fit this into one page. One of our members, ptilsen, posted his resume a few days ago. Locate that thread to see an example of a fantastic resume. Yours could do with a lot of work.

Honest opinion, please take it the right way.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks much better! I only have a couple more recommendations -

1). Reduce to one page.
    2). Remove the System Engineer title you have there, I dont think it serves any purpose.

How you can achieve 1).

- Reduce the professional summary bit. You have 5 short sentences, you could easily express yourself in 2-3. This gives you more space for the more important stuff, the actual experience.
    - Use the margins better. Set the alignment to Justify.
    - Club two bullets together to form one sentence.
    - Reduce the number of bullets. See the last two of your current job. They could easily sit in one bullet point.
    - Move certs up. Club certs and education together. When your relatively new in your career or not senior enough, bring attention to your certs/education so you can hopefully have a leg up over the competition.

Hope this helps.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com