Options

Newbie for ITIL ,please guide

VinHVinH Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Friends,

I have 7+ years of experience in Customer Support and now i have decided to go for ITIL foundation certification.
Please help me by solving my following doubts.

1) What is PDU which are offering by training centers ? And what if i study at home and then appeared for exam ? How will i get PDU then?

2) What is current version of ITIL foundation exam . Is it ver 2011 or ITIL V3 and what is the difference ?

3) Good study material for study at home.

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi VinH, you will need to check with training organisations to confirm about PDUs, but the Foundation syllabus requires 18 hours of study which is what they will be based on. If you study using an accredited online course you will receive proof of completion, but if you self-study you will need to register the claim yourself. The current Foundation exam is the 2011 syllabus - this is an update to version 3. It's similar, but there are some changes. And finally, if you read the other threads there are lots of recommendations - from free resources to books to training. Good luck! Claire
  • Options
    VinHVinH Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,
    thank you very much for your reply.
    but if you self-study you will need to register the claim yourself.
    Can you please tell me where i need to register ?. I am choosing self study option because of some fina. issues.
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    mba81mba81 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This was very helpful, thank you.