Options

Stanly CC Fall 2013 VCP 5 Class

123457»

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheProf wrote: »
    Yes there are some prerequisites that must be completed like the assessment quiz and what not... Also, those that are in this class should have received an email from the instructor regarding how to unlock the modules.

Never got an e-mail from the instructor. I checked my Stanly CC e-mail. Nothing. Do instructors have e-mail addresses? If so, where can I find it?
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    It can go to spam, but some of the instructors use the email system inside moodle so I would check there too often.
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jdancer wrote: »
    Never got an e-mail from the instructor. I checked my Stanly CC e-mail. Nothing. Do instructors have e-mail addresses? If so, where can I find it?

I just PM'd you with some info.
  • Options
    MeatCatalogueMeatCatalogue Member Posts: 145
    jdancer wrote: »
    Well, by reading past posts here. I had to complete the assessment quiz to reveal modules 1-3. Working on getting my VMWare Candidate ID to link with my PearsonVue account.

Yep, this did the trick. AFAIK, I also did not receive any email from the instructor on this being how to unlock the modules. I checked spam folders and everything, nothing. Oh well, glad I can get started now.
  • Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    I'm in this course as well. I breezed through the labs up to 10 so far without many issues. I've used VMware off and on for the last year and half so the intro stuff is pretty easy. Copying/Cloning VMs can take a long time as others have said.I don't have access to the vmware.stanly.edu site yet, hope that happens by the end of the term.This site helped me prepare for my Sec+ and ITIL. Good resource of knowledge here.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BGraves wrote: »
    Hey, anyone know when this course officially ends and the next one begins? I am EXTREMELY interested. Also, any feedback from current students would be helpful! Since VmWare has updated their certification titles recently, does this class still act as "Install, Configure, Manage" class for Vmware and allow for the taking of the VCP5-DCV?

If you are interested in the next class, you can pre-register here: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    If you are interested in the next class, you can pre-register here: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php

Hello! Thank you, I have already signed up and am anxiously awaiting this! :) Thanks for following up!
  • Options
    iamxCPxiamxCPx Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BGraves wrote: »
    Hello! Thank you, I have already signed up and am anxiously awaiting this! :) Thanks for following up!

+1
    icon_study.gif
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    How do I delete a Nic? I misconfigured my vmnic2 in Lab 11. I did not select "use this port group for vMotion". When I finished the step, I immediately started getting errors. Using the vSphere client, bothe of the Exsi hosts have big red Xs. I can't get to any of the network settings via the vSphere Client. I can log into the two hosts directly by selecting them from the initial lab layout screen. I ran the network config test, and the pings passed, as well as the name resolution.

When I go back to the vSphere client, and go to each host, it shows vmnic2 is not connected to any switch, but I see no means of removing it, and starting over.
  • Options
    phonicphonic Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It sounds like you are having an issue connecting vCenter to the hosts if you can access them directly using the client but not through vCenter. It also sounds like you messed something up more than just not enabling vMotion, since that wouldn't cause this problem by itself.

The easiest way to reset the network is through the console on each host. There is an option there to reset the network configuration. It will remove any vDSs or special vSS configuration and default it back to what you had (networking wise) when you first installed it. You should then be able to get things setup correctly.
  • Options
    Stanly Community College is happy to announce the offering of the Cisco CCNA curriculum under the umbrella of Continuing Education. These courses are designed to prepare students for the Cisco CCNA certification exam. Many of you have taken courses with us in the past and have expressed an interest in taking additional classes. The first class in the CCNA curriculum, INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS, begins January 22, 2014 and will end March 12, 2014. Interested students are encouraged to register as soon as possible as seating is limited to the first 20 students. These students will have the option of signing up for the second course, ROUTING & SWITCHING ESSENTIALS, immediately following completion of INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS. Course tuition cost is $185.00. Textbook and lab manual are optional.

Students can register online at: Stanly Community College - Albemarle, NC SCHEDULES > CONTINUING EDUCATION > CAS 300051 100 > SUBMIT
    or by telephone at 704-991-0123.

At this time Stanly Community College is unable to serve students online who reside in AR, AK, KY, and MN, due to the rigorous requirements & guidelines set by these states.

• Options
    Saad1Saad1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heyy All,

I will be taking the VCP510 PSE exam in this month... can any one tell me that from where you guys prepared ??
    What **** you guys used ? Is it same as VCP510DCV ?? Is the exam pool same?
    Actually the exam voucher i got through my university only allows me to register for VCP510PSE icon_sad.gif but I wanted to register VCP510DCV
  • Options
    SimonD.SimonD. Member Posts: 111
    Saad1 wrote: »
    Heyy All,

I will be taking the VCP510 PSE exam in this month... can any one tell me that from where you guys prepared ??
    What **** you guys used ? Is it same as VCP510DCV ?? Is the exam pool same?
    Actually the exam voucher i got through my university only allows me to register for VCP510PSE icon_sad.gif but I wanted to register VCP510DCV

My friend, Dumping isn't something we discuss here as it can lead to disqualification of the certification and get you thrown out of the VCP membership (and Microsoft and Cisco).

Please don't ask about dumping, volunteer any dumping information or request **** because you may get upset with the replies.

Read the books, play with the software, understand the blueprint requirements and pass the exam.

Failing that just give us your proper email address so that we can contact the vendors and ask them to investigate your passes to see if you cheated on any of the previous exams, your call.
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015
  • Options
    phonicphonic Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stanly Community College is happy to announce the offering of the Cisco CCNA curriculum under the umbrella of Continuing Education. These courses are designed to prepare students for the Cisco CCNA certification exam. Many of you have taken courses with us in the past and have expressed an interest in taking additional classes. The first class in the CCNA curriculum, INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS, begins January 22, 2014 and will end March 12, 2014. Interested students are encouraged to register as soon as possible as seating is limited to the first 20 students. These students will have the option of signing up for the second course, ROUTING & SWITCHING ESSENTIALS, immediately following completion of INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS. Course tuition cost is $185.00. Textbook and lab manual are optional.

Students can register online at: Stanly Community College - Albemarle, NC SCHEDULES > CONTINUING EDUCATION > CAS 300051 100 > SUBMIT

At this time Stanly Community College is unable to serve students online who reside in AR, AK, KY, and MN, due to the rigorous requirements & guidelines set by these states.

It's nice to see Stanly increasing their offerings.

I will point out though that I seriously hope that the quality of the videos and labs is going to be much higher than the ones in the VMware class. I can't speak for everyone, but for myself and I imagine most people, the VMware class was taken simply because it was a requirement for the certification. The labs provided some useful experience when they weren't broken, but the videos and overall lessons were sub par quality. Since Stanly offers an extremely reasonably priced alternative to meeting the class requirement, it's a no brainer to take the VMware class you offer. But since Cisco doesn't have a classroom requirement, people paying $185 are going to expect a higher level of learning, since that would be the only reason for taking it.

Not trying to be critical, just trying to offer some feedback.
  • Options
    mguernseymguernsey Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone have any idea what the username and password would be for the vCenter Server Appliance? I downloaded the files from the Stanly VMware store, but there is absolutely no documentation on what to use to log in, and trying to create a new VM from the ISO I downloaded isn't working. Please PM me if you have that information so that we aren't publishing it for the whole world to see.

Nevermind - I found a KB from VMware that indicated what the default username and password are for vCenter Server Appliance and it turned out to be correct. Back in business!
  • Options
    phonic wrote: »
    It's nice to see Stanly increasing their offerings.

I will point out though that I seriously hope that the quality of the videos and labs is going to be much higher than the ones in the VMware class. I can't speak for everyone, but for myself and I imagine most people, the VMware class was taken simply because it was a requirement for the certification. The labs provided some useful experience when they weren't broken, but the videos and overall lessons were sub par quality. Since Stanly offers an extremely reasonably priced alternative to meeting the class requirement, it's a no brainer to take the VMware class you offer. But since Cisco doesn't have a classroom requirement, people paying $185 are going to expect a higher level of learning, since that would be the only reason for taking it.

Not trying to be critical, just trying to offer some feedback.

During the Fall 2013 semester, we realized that there were some problems with the labs, and a patch was implemented to alleviate some of the issues. However, over the holidays additional upgrades were made to the online lab system. SCC strives to offer the best possible learning environment for all of our students.

While it is true, Cisco does not require the CCNA classes in order to take the certification exam, they do strongly recommend it. Unless an individual has extensive Networking background, particularly on Cisco equipment, it is very difficult to pass the certification exams.

I hope this helps with any concerns that may remain regarding our offerings. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    I clicked the Continuing Education Course Listing but keep getting this error:

The error below has occurred with the system. Consult the site administrator for further assistance.
    Error (G3C08E-2014.01.15-01.41.25.AM): null

• Options
    I'm sorry you are having a problem, but I'm not sure why you are getting this error. You can go directly to Stanly Community College - Albemarle, NC & click on the "Schedules" tab along the top of the page & then Continuing Education. However, it may be faster if you call our Eagle's One Stop at 704-991-0123 & let them register you over the phone.
    SixtyCycle wrote: »
    I clicked the Continuing Education Course Listing but keep getting this error:

The error below has occurred with the system. Consult the site administrator for further assistance.
    Error (G3C08E-2014.01.15-01.41.25.AM): null

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stanly_CC

I can see the intro to networks course. My question is, when will the other 3 courses be available and is it possible to jump in to just 1-2 of them rather than all 4? For instance if someone already has the CCENT certification and just is looking to round out the CCNA: R/S. Also does the course include hands on labs for working through the Cisco IOS interface and preparing for the simulation portions of the CCNA exam?
  • Options
    We plan to offer ourses 1 & 2 this spring, the 3rd in the summer, and the 4th in the fall. All courses require hands-on labs designed to help students obtain knowledge as well as certifications. Through our online lab utility, you will have access to live equipment. Cisco also provides a lab simulation environment exclusively for its students as well. You can start with the 3rd course; however, depending on when you achieved your CCENT, please be aware that Cisco has completely revamped the curriculum and the certification exams as well.

I hope this information helps. If you still have questions, please feel free to ask.

The other three courses have not yet been entered onto our Web schedule. Most likely it will be later this semester before that takes place.
    zxbane wrote: »
    Stanly_CC

I can see the intro to networks course. My question is, when will the other 3 courses be available and is it possible to jump in to just 1-2 of them rather than all 4? For instance if someone already has the CCENT certification and just is looking to round out the CCNA: R/S. Also does the course include hands on labs for working through the Cisco IOS interface and preparing for the simulation portions of the CCNA exam?
  • Options
    SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    That works for me. Thanks.

I'm sorry you are having a problem, but I'm not sure why you are getting this error. You can go directly to Stanly Community College - Albemarle, NC & click on the "Schedules" tab along the top of the page & then Continuing Education. However, it may be faster if you call our Eagle's One Stop at 704-991-0123 & let them register you over the phone.