Options

Critique my resume?

SolitonSoliton Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Since I will be laid off as of this Friday, I have been revising my resume and want to make sure that it is in good shape.
I am applying for both Desktop Support as well as entry-level network admin positions. I am still shaky on my Objective and on my skills summary.

ITResume.doc

Any criticism is appreciated, thanks!
~ A+ - Passed ~ CCNA - In Progress
Your Recommended daily dose of security and privacy -> My Blog

Comments

• Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The resume looks good the only thing I would change is move education towards the top under Certifications
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Few things on top of moving education to the front.
    1. I would completely remove objective. If you really want to, write a short summary.
    2. Since you list work at Techbytes to present, I would probably remove 3 months spent in double click computers.
    3. I don't quite agree on having troubleshooting in skills section. IMO, it is more appropriate under experience.
    3a. I would break down Skills into Software, Hardware and Networking.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be making these changes tonight and will re-upload it. :)
  • Options
    IT Resume.doc

I have been a bit busy, so I really haven't been able to get on here and upload the updated resume. I've removed the summary/objective statement completely and condensed my skills into categories.

Any more suggestions anyone?
  • Options
    GagepoGagepo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you should have your jobs in chronological order.. So the one that you are working at presently should be first.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agree with Gagepo
  • Options
    Sorry, that was my bad. I was meaning to do that, but must have overlooked it. Thanks! Anything else?