Options

Critique my resume please.

steelymattsteelymatt Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]I am signed up for an internship class so I need to turn in a resume. This will be my first resume so it may look bad. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.
[/FONT]JohnDoe_Resume.doc

Comments

• Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you have SOHO experience. Talk a little more about your skills, what networking skills or what type of jobs you've done. Since it's an internship, it should be ok that you don't have enterprise or professional experience, but you can talk about the projects and things you've configured and are comfortable with. More formal communication " I'm the go to IT guy .." just doesn't say anything. State facts, not public perception.
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    Hi Steelymatt,

I would definitely re-work that first paragraph. It doesn't feel very fluid and you use "I" way too many times. From my experience with applying for internships and co-ops the people hiring you want to see the "fire". They don't necessarily expect a ton of professional experience. But they want to see your passionate about IT. as Ismaeljrp suggested, highlight your projects. What have you done? where have you improved on the projects you were given and what have you done on your own time?
  • Options
    steelymattsteelymatt Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it.