New ITIL Foundation exam launching soon?

krrishonekrrishone Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone

Currently work in a 1st Line IT Support team, based in the UK. I was considering taking ITIL Foundation 2011 exam within next few months.

I would like to know how often is this exam updated. I know there was 2007 version and now 2011 the current version.
What is the likelihood of new version of ITIL being introduced in next few month.

This will help me decide whether to take the exam soon or wait few more months..

P.S. I have read that the certification does not have expiry date.

Appreciate your feedback.

Comments

• Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe it is valid for five years, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As for exam content, check with the ITIL website for the current information and exam topic. Again, I don't believe that any new updates or syllabus is being introduced this year but anyone who knows better feel free to chime in.
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi krrishone, at the moment there are no firm plans for a new version of ITIL. The Foundation certificate does not expire, but most practitioners will choose to update their certification if a new version comes out (for example updating from 2007 to 2011). There's lots of good information on this forum about using books, online and classroom training to prepare for your exam. Claire
  • krrishonekrrishone Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Carpe and Claire for your feedback. I will get on with the v3 2011 exam.

@claire yep indeed there is lot of information to help prepare for ITIL.