Options

New Logos for CISSP and related certifications out

beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
Be the first to feast your eyes on these new (ISC)2 logos! Oh Woot! Do I need to buy a new lapen pin too?

Qa+1A3xRgA5kvQ9e5l4+3I+uTd9clew2i7G29HdtWUjtS3PpOd7hS5xzZkJ3UqrORd5UhVA6PEkEk+BoPBYDCY0QyWfAwGg8Fgvgqw5GMwGAwG81WAJR+DwWAwmK8CLPkYDAaDwXwVYMnHYDAYDOarAEs+BoPBYDBfBf8BD3wzpfzBIJkAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Not a fan of any of these new logos. Enjoy! Didn't take the screen shot, sorry folks.

- B Eads

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    they look ok. didn't see anything new for associates though.
  • Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the concentrations have taken a step down, and I'm not huge on the color scheme for the CSSLP. The CAP looks nice and clean, though.

I don't know that I've ever used one of their logos, and I don't know that I will ever do so... not as a matter of dislike for them, just because I feel that adding logos to things is often... clunky. They can do whatever they want with the logos, I don't mind.
  • Options
    DarxtarDarxtar Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I liked the old ones better, but then I liked the old Cisco logo better too. Glad I don't use them, but they will probably manifest themselves on our renewal certificates...oh, and that all important wallet card.

Maybe they should have surveyed the membership on their preferences...
    Ph.D. in Information Systems Security
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I think the new logos are a visual indication of major changes at the (ISC)2. Things need to be refreshed every once in a while to rejuvenate new business interests.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I must be not getting it. I didn't even realize there were logos.
  • Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did the SSCP logo even change? Can someone post an old vs new, so we can see what we are looking at?
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Not a big fan at all of the new logos.

When I got the email earlier today I was like No No No No...... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Humbe wrote: »
    Not a big fan at all of the new logos.

When I got the email earlier today I was like No No No No...... icon_sad.gif

Ummm... I have to said that both Redz and I were a bit more explicit - probably too explicit for the office let alone here on TechExams. icon_thumright.gif

But No No No No works well enough.

- B Eads
  • Options
    beads wrote: »
    Ummm... I have to said that both Redz and I were a bit more explicit - probably too explicit for the office let alone here on TechExams. icon_thumright.gif

But No No No No works well enough.

- B Eads

LOL

I'm trying to be polite here come on work with me! Trust me it was worst than that.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I think the blank space above the CISSP looks really odd. Like something was supposed to go there, but they forgot to put it in. I don't have a lot of use for the logos honestly.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What do you mean you have no use for the logos? Haven't you heard? All CISSPs are now required to put the new logo on the top of their resume as well as email signatures. The bigger you put it, the more CPEs you get.

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    All CISSPs are now required to put the new logo on the top of their resume as well as email signatures. The bugger you put it, the more CPEs you get.

I print out the ISSEP logo from the plotter at Kinko's, 6'x6', and hand it to all potential employers. I've transcended CPEs, now they waive AMFs... Which is good, because I'm unemployed.
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    What do you mean you have no use for the logos? Haven't you heard? All CISSPs are now required to put the new logo on the top of their resume as well as email signatures. The bugger you put it, the more CPEs you get.

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wow..............

LMAOOOOO
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I think the new logos are a visual indication of major changes at the (ISC)2. Things need to be refreshed every once in a while to rejuvenate new business interests.
    I do agree with this statement; I don't want to seem too critical of (ISC)2 in this thread. I have other issues with them that I've discussed at length; whether or not I like their logos is not a part of that. I hope that it is indicative of systemic change and not just makeup on a potato.

EDIT:
    didn't see anything new for associates though.
    It's up. It's better than the SSCP/CISSP/Concentrations, worse than the CAP/HCISPP/CCFP... about in line with the CSSLP - personal opinion, of course, and I seem to be able to look past the CSSLP color scheme, somehow.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You need to get a tattoo of the logos, stat.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    Already got the new ISSEP logo on my throat. I got it small, though. Classy. Did it last night, still can't swallow.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    redz wrote: »
    EDIT:
    It's up. It's better than the SSCP/CISSP/Concentrations, worse than the CAP/HCISPP/CCFP... about in line with the CSSLP - personal opinion, of course, and I seem to be able to look past the CSSLP color scheme, somehow.

I see it now. I like it. It's hip, fun and fresh, yo.