Options

CCNA Study Group

Comments

• Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Staunchy wrote: »
    In less than 24 hours I hope to add a new cert to my list and also change my avatar :D

Haha, like you said the best bit about achieving it!

Good luck fella. :)
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In less than 24 hours I hope to add a new cert to my list
    and also change my avatar :D

Good luck!!
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Whoop whoooooooop I passed ICND2, scored 1000/1000 :D

I must say ICND2 study material was harder and took longer to learn but the exam was a lot easier than I expected.
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options

I must say ICND2 study material was harder and took longer to learn but the exam was a lot easier than I expected.

LOL well that's a mighty fine score! Absolutely nailed it!

Right Staunchy get a thread done and let us know how you did it and what with!
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats Staunchy! icon_thumright.gif How long did you study for the ICND2 and what materials did you use?
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    LOL well that's a mighty fine score! Absolutely nailed it!

Right Staunchy get a thread done and let us know how you did it and what with!

Thanks Magic. Hahahaha here you go http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/97191-finally-joined-ccna-r-s-fan-club.html
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I almost feel ashamed to say that I took a break from studying for the CCENT. But I feel that it was good for me because I'm picking my materials back up and going back I have surprised myself at what I was able to retain. So I'm back at it, not going to set a date yet but I feel it will be soon. Congrats to everyone whose passed their CCENT/CCNA while I was taking a mental break.

Edit: I read the entire contents of Odom's book and wrote down every single Key Topic in my notes. I think that was good but also mentally exhausting. I think I'm going to skim back through the book, take more notes on what I don't remember and then schedule the test.
  • Options
    bbarrick wrote: »
    Well, I almost feel ashamed to say that I took a break from studying for the CCENT. But I feel that it was good for me because I'm picking my materials back up and going back I have surprised myself at what I was able to retain. So I'm back at it, not going to set a date yet but I feel it will be soon. Congrats to everyone whose passed their CCENT/CCNA while I was taking a mental break.

Edit: I read the entire contents of Odom's book and wrote down every single Key Topic in my notes. I think that was good but also mentally exhausting. I think I'm going to skim back through the book, take more notes on what I don't remember and then schedule the test.

No dude sometime you need to take a break because what happens is you study but your mind is not really absorbing what you are learning so you end up wasting your time.

1 word of advice to anyone that is taking the exam, read the questions and answers properly.
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□

Wow! Impressive! Congrats!
  • Options
    Starting ICND2 study now. Can I just say WOW what a topic to start with, STP! Watching the nugget before I read the book chapter, and it is brutally confusing. I hope this isn't the easiest chapter in the book getting harder!
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Scheduled to take ICND1 on 5th of Feb next week. Hopefully I will be following up shortly after with a pass post in this thread. Seem to have most of the stuff down, only subjects that worry me are OSPF
  • Options
    Starting ICND2 study now. Can I just say WOW what a topic to start with, STP! Watching the nugget before I read the book chapter, and it is brutally confusing. I hope this isn't the easiest chapter in the book getting harder!

STP and frame relay was by far the toughest in INCD2 exam.

Good luck with your studies and let us know if you need any help.
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    STP and frame relay was by far the toughest in INCD2 exam.

Good luck with your studies and let us know if you need any help.

That's actually re-assuring (lol!). Thanks, I'm sure I will! I am actually picturing some potential questions I could be asked on this about traffic flow and its making me ill! Haha.
  • Options
    zxbane wrote: »
    Scheduled to take ICND1 on 5th of Feb next week. Hopefully I will be following up shortly after with a pass post in this thread. Seem to have most of the stuff down, only subjects that worry me are OSPF

Good luck zxbane, I find by scheduling the exam it forces yourself to stay committed to your studies.
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spent a good amount of time getting cables set up this week to move my lab out of my office and into my basement.
    This meant I had to first consider how I wanted to set up all of the connections so I could use it without needing to go change cables around.

I think it's almost all set. I am going to come up with a base configuration that fires up all of the connections and networks. Then I can disable and enable interfaces for each lab I work on. I plan to add frame relay to the setup once I start working with it.
  • Options
    Harryson619Harryson619 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    my name is harry I am beginner to Cisco certification I am planing to study for ccent icnd1
    kindly suggest best book for study and how to prepare for my ccent.can i only pass with reading books and packet tracer activities or I have to get physical experience. does ccna have lab exam or computer based exam thanks.icon_smile.gif

Regards,
    harry
  • Options
    teppeiteppei Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all... my name is Ronald but i prefer my nickname TePPei... :)

I will be having training for ICND1 and ICND2 this 2 weeks of Feb (3-7/10-14).
    I also ordered book "Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 official Cert Guide Library" by Wendell Odom at Amazon. Will be delivered to me on Feb 18 (hope so)...

I plan to take exam CCNA by April 15, 2014.... u think 2months of reviewing is already ok? :)

thanks guys!!! ^_^
  • Options
    ednardednard Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Booked my ICND1 exam for 31st March.....quite excited.

I've been studying some Cisco courses at university for the last two years, so I'm fairly competent at a lot of what ICND1 covers, so nothing is new to me, but my plan is to go over a subject using CBT Nuggets videos before delving into Odom's chapter about the subject, and then read it again front to back to ensure it's all in before review with Lammle's book. I'll be labbing with PacketTracer as well.

Two months of intense studying started Friday!
  • Options
    tasman35tasman35 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice Find Thanks
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just wanted to chime in and say I passed the CCENT today 960/1000. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, the only concepts that still tripped me up a bit is OSPF. Going to take my time and work towards the CCNA: R/S and Security after that hopefully.

I used Lammle's book, packet tracer and Udemy/Chris Bryant
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    zxbane wrote: »
    Just wanted to chime in and say I passed the CCENT today 960/1000. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, the only concepts that still tripped me up a bit is OSPF. Going to take my time and work towards the CCNA: R/S and Security after that hopefully.

I used Lammle's book, packet tracer and Udemy/Chris Bryant

Congrats! That's a bloody good score!

On a side note, STP is absolutely killing my motivation for studying.
  • Options

Come on dude push through it, I am waiting for you to post your ICND2 results!!!!!!
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□

haha.. me too! I'm sick of going over it. I'm almost done with the second STP part in Odoms book and I'm through.. Time to move on to routing protocols.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed ICND1 about a week ago with 973/1000(got a 'banner' question wrong icon_silent.gif), however i'm reading up on STP and it feels like a GRIND. I can't wait for frame relay icon_cheers.gif
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I need to get the ball rolling on this. I'm slacking very much. Only on Chapter 4 in the ICDN1 by Odom. My boss gave me a motivation today and said he would pay for me if I study and pass. So I hope to start back up from Chapter 4.

Cheers to everyone who has passed!
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just scheduled the exam to take it on the 6th of March. Crunch time. :)
  • Options
    Agent47Agent47 Member Posts: 103
    Harry, Teppei, Ednard - Hello & Welcome!

Harry
    , I think it really depends on your study style. Check out the thread to see what others have used to pass the course. Me in particular, I like to have 1 book (lammle or odom), a video source to overlap (CBT Nuggets, Chris Bryant, ect pick and choose), and a simulator (packet tracer, or the official cisco simulator by wendell odom) since I don’t have real equipment. Labbing is crucial. I don’t go over 3 resources for this particular exam because it’s enough. If you go to lammlesim.com, he has a free simulator that goes along with his CCNA book.

Teppei, sounds like you’re off to a great start! The amount of time really depends on how much you are willing to study per day and experience somewhat. I think if you can crunch a lot of time into it, you should be able to know what you need to know by then.

Ednard, do keep us posted on your progress!

Tasman, you’re welcome! Thanks.

Magic, I’m with Staunchy, you can and will push through, break it into little bits and pieces if you have to. Study one small section and write about it if that helps you to remember. You got this.

Santa_, that’s a good deal right there! I hope that you can get back on track, I know how it is to stop then start and so on.

Bbarrick, You done did it now. Time to put in work! Keep us posted on your progress!

Congrats
    XNX & ZXBANE!!! Excellent work!!

Thanks everyone for being part of this study group. I truly hope that you all achieve your goals. The reward is well deserved when you put in hard work. Can be frustrating sometimes but remember this is an attainable cert!
    icon_study.gif
  • Options
    wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Glad to see this thread keeping the momentum. Sadly, I have not been as studious as I need to be. I have my lab torn down to move it to the office. I will be climbing back in the saddle soon to get the next step completed. Congratulations to all the new certified personnel!
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    tasman35tasman35 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=76947

i just found this over at cisco live and thought about you guys.....