Options

CCNA Study Group

Comments

• Options
    brianespinabrianespina Member Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,

I am new to Cisco Networking Academy.

I have some questions which make me confusing on 2 courses CCENT/CCNA.

1. For CCENT.It composes ICND1 and ICND2.
    Question: If i take exams for both.Do i need to take CCNA also?OR is it equivalent to CCNA already?

2. Would you mind please if you could help me advise what is the best reviewer?

• Options
    ednardednard Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCENT composes of ICND1. For full CCNA qualification, it composes BOTH ICND1 and ICND2, or just the composite CCNA exam, which is everything from ICND1 and ICND2, but in one exam rather than two.

In short, if you want CCENT certification, you take ICND1. If you then want CCNA qualification, must must then pass ICND2 (having already passed ICND1).
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Just scheduled my ICND2 test for March.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice shyguy, I plan to test in early March for ICND2 as well. What study materials are you using?
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    I am using Odom's ICND2 book and recently bought the Chris Bryant CCNA videos. I am also using Packet Tracer to lab. What about you ?
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all. Semi new, been a lurker for awhile. I started studying a few months ago, but then I put it off. I have been back at it for a week now. I am using The Todd Lammle book and the Udemy videos. I got GNS3 up and running this past weekend. I have the CCent Scheduled for 3-25.
  • Options
    ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ICND1 tomorrow afternoon, I hope I've done enough prep to get me there. I've been studying on and off for a long time, but much more seriously for the past 3 months. I'm to a point where I've slammed a ton of material into my brain and can't retain it all, but feel like I have a good foundation.
  • Options
    massejoemassejoe Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm signed up for May 9th. Just finished my 3rd ICND1 100-101 Nugget with drawing a few diagrams in learning the basics of the IOS Model, and visual basics of IP/Mac Address swapping between routers.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    LDhiker wrote: »
    Hey all. Semi new, been a lurker for awhile. I started studying a few months ago, but then I put it off. I have been back at it for a week now. I am using The Todd Lammle book and the Udemy videos. I got GNS3 up and running this past weekend. I have the CCent Scheduled for 3-25.

Good luck dude let us know how it goes
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    ghoul wrote: »
    ICND1 tomorrow afternoon, I hope I've done enough prep to get me there. I've been studying on and off for a long time, but much more seriously for the past 3 months. I'm to a point where I've slammed a ton of material into my brain and can't retain it all, but feel like I have a good foundation.

Good luck! Best advice I can give; take your time! :)
  • Options
    jimoh_abdoljimoh_abdol Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm current work on ICND1 using CBTNuggets and Odom W. - Cisco CCENT-CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide - 2013. also i av necessary material for ICND2, by God will i hope to be through with ICND1 next-week. please advise ethier to take CCNA exam direct or i should take ICND1 first and later ICND2.
  • Options
    i'm current work on ICND1 using CBTNuggets and Odom W. - Cisco CCENT-CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide - 2013. also i av necessary material for ICND2, by God will i hope to be through with ICND1 next-week. please advise ethier to take CCNA exam direct or i should take ICND1 first and later ICND2.
    It depends how much experience you have. If you don't know which to take, then I'd suggest it's best to do the two-exam route.
  • Options

Well if you've got ICND1 booked next week I don't understand the question?
  • Options
    Agent47Agent47 Member Posts: 103
    In case anyone was interested, got this in my inbox today. When you click here, looks like a code is on the next page but I don't know if its reusable so first come first served.

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    For CCNA'ers, how much troubleshooting was in the exam? I know it's 32% but are the questions like:

1. Here is a network, host A cannot ping host B, you must fix the network.

or are they slightly more specific?
  • Options
    Just a question to the ICDN1 guys; what's the best way to ultilise Todd Lammle's book? I'm up to Chapter 11 of Odom's Guide, and I purchased Lammle's today.

Is it best to read all the way through Odom's guide (I'm reading a chapter twice each time to ensure I get it), and then read back over stuff through Lammle's?
  • Options
    mrjoefridaymrjoefriday Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm only on chapter 8 in Odom's book but I've started to go back and summarize his chapters and do the written labs and review in Lammle's book. I figure it gives me a chance to make sure I've absorbed the older material while I'm moving along with Odom's book. I haven't really been reading Lammle's book except when I get something wrong.

It's yet to happen but if I find something in Odom that's hard to understand I'll probably turn to Lammle's book for another view. Even in two chapters I've noticed that Lammle is a bit more verbose on some things so when I finish Odom and start taking practice exams I might go through Lammle more thoroughly.
  • Options
    ednard wrote: »
    Just a question to the ICDN1 guys; what's the best way to ultilise Todd Lammle's book? I'm up to Chapter 11 of Odom's Guide, and I purchased Lammle's today.

Is it best to read all the way through Odom's guide (I'm reading a chapter twice each time to ensure I get it), and then read back over stuff through Lammle's?

I read through W. Odom's book > watched CBT Nuggets > read each chapter again from W. Odom book and watch the corresponding CBT Nuggets again and also do labs > 2 weeks before exam read Todd Lammle's book for review and also practice exams
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Magic how is your studying going for ICND2
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Staunchy wrote: »
    Magic how is your studying going for ICND2

Not bad mate, absolutely nailed the troubleshooting stuff, think I've got STP down too. Starting chapter 6 of Odom's book tomorrow, got a GNS3 lab set up, will watch the nugget first then crack on.

See my post up above about troubleshooting, maybe you can answer seeing as how you passed ICND2 recently?
  • Options
    For CCNA'ers, how much troubleshooting was in the exam? I know it's 32% but are the questions like:

1. Here is a network, host A cannot ping host B, you must fix the network.

or are they slightly more specific?

My ICND2 exam had quite a bit of troubleshooting, if I have to guess I would say 35%.

Sample question without violating NDA. OSPF routing not working troubleshoot what the cause is.
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    I'm writing my HP ATP Flexnetwork upgrade exam tomorrow, doing it online from home no need to go to pearsonvue testing center if you already have a CCNA cert also dirt cheap like $20 :).

Must say HP provision and comware can be a bit confusing, provision refers to an aggregated link as a trunk and comware uses term bridge-aggregation :/

End of the month I need to also write Fortinet FCSNA, lots of studying and working going.
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    My ICND2 exam had quite a bit of troubleshooting, if I have to guess I would say 35%.

Sample question without violating NDA. OSPF routing not working troubleshoot what the cause is.

Would that be a sample multiple choice question? Or do you have to issue configuration changes etc to get it working?
  • Options
    I read through W. Odom's book > watched CBT Nuggets > read each chapter again from W. Odom book and watch the corresponding CBT Nuggets again and also do labs > 2 weeks before exam read Todd Lammle's book for review and also practice exams
    Thanks. I'm finding that watching CBT Nuggets before each Odom chapter is giving me a gentle entry to a topic. I'm reading a chapter through once, and then reading it again more slowly, ensuring each concept goes in properly. For the chapters which require labbing, I'm then doing the labs for them at the end of each chapter. I think I'll continue doing that until the end of the Odom book, in which I'll switch to Lammle and give that a solid read, and then do the labs and practice exams at the end of each chapter.

That should take me up to about two weeks before my exam, which I can then lab solidly and study my weak points.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've just finished learning STP inside and out, i'm guessing everything else until Frame Relay will be really easy, I just need to find the time icon_study.gif
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm finding that watching CBT Nuggets before each Odom chapter is giving me a gentle entry to a topic. I'm reading a chapter through once, and then reading it again more slowly, ensuring each concept goes in properly. For the chapters which require labbing, I'm then doing the labs for them at the end of each chapter. I think I'll continue doing that until the end of the Odom book, in which I'll switch to Lammle and give that a solid read, and then do the labs and practice exams at the end of each chapter.

That should take me up to about two weeks before my exam, which I can then lab solidly and study my weak points.

Sounds like a solid plan. I followed a similar plan with my ICND1 exam but changed to the 1 mentioned before with ICND2 to see what works best for me.

If you have any questions or need help just give a shout
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Would that be a sample multiple choice question? Or do you have to issue configuration changes etc to get it working?

It can be either simulation or multiple choice question where they ask which is a valid network command.
    A. Network 10.3.2.50 0.0.255.255 0
    B. Network 10.3.2.50 0.0.0.0 area 0
    C. Network 10.3.2.50 255.255.255.255 area 0
    D. Network 10.3.2.0 0.0.0.255 area 1
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    It can be either simulation or multiple choice question where they ask which is a valid network command.
    A. Network 10.3.2.50 0.0.255.255 0
    B. Network 10.3.2.50 0.0.0.0 area 0
    C. Network 10.3.2.50 255.255.255.255 area 0
    D. Network 10.3.2.0 0.0.0.255 area 1

See I got that type of Q in ICND1 as well. Odom is making out like you get given absolutely nothing and asked to resolve an issue without even knowing where to start, through all layers.
  • Options
    See I got that type of Q in ICND1 as well. Odom is making out like you get given absolutely nothing and asked to resolve an issue without even knowing where to start, through all layers.
    This is what I'm thinking is going to come up in the ICND1 exam. Are they more like the questions above?
  • Options
    This is what I'm thinking is going to come up in the ICND1 exam. Are they more like the questions above?

Well...it's hard to say, some were like that yes, others were a lot more complex, others you had to find out info on your own using Sims.

But there was always certainly some sort of pointer as to what it might be, whether that be the question wording or the answers.