Options

Test centers: how to find?

bill5bill5 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I tried doing a search on "ITIL test centers" and browsed the "sticky" threads above to no avail. Help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    bobloblaw wrote: »
    Thanks, but there I go to "Locate a Test Center" and read "To find a nearby test center that offers your exam, we first need to know your test sponsor......" Who/what is the "sponsor?" ITIL itself isn't.
  • Options
    bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Basically any Prometric center. You stateside? Pearson Vue, New Horizons, etc. Any one of those centers that can you can sit and take a test should be a go.

https://www8.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/SelectTestCenterProximity/EXIN/2304691
  • Options
    Thx again - I have no idea what any of these places are called and searching on "test center (town name)" didn't work. Found a Prometric one - any idea where I might find names of possible others? Regardless, appreciate the info -
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The test sponsor might mean the organisation that is offering the exam in Prometric centres. Both EXIN and BCS/ISEB offer the ITIL Foundation in Prometric centres, so you could try searching under those organisations.
  • Options
    samkssamks Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,
    This is Sam and going to write the ITIL foundation exam.You recommended couple of books for the exam preparation,but I have a itSMF International book "ITIL V3 Foundation Exam Study Guide (Van Haren Publishing.) ISBN 978 90 8753 069 3. Is this book worth to study for the exam?

Any suggestions please.
    Thanks
    Sam
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Sam

That book is slightly out of date now. You can still use it to study, but be aware there might be some questions on your Foundation exam that aren't referenced in that book. Now the Foundation exam price has risen and resits will be more expensive, it may be worthwhile investing in a more up to date book.

The ITIL Foundation Essentials book that I wrote (here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/ITIL-Foundation-Essentials-Exam-Facts/dp/1849283990/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1389389434&sr=8-22&keywords=itil+foundation) is one of the cheapest and will complement the book you already have while giving you the up to date facts.

Good luck!

Claire
  • Options
    samkssamks Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your information.

Sam