ITIL V3 Foundation Passed

I wanted to write a quick review of the certification and examination. Let me say by far I am impressed with the content within the certification program. It has very valuable information that you can immediately begin implementing whether you are a technician, administrator, and/or a manager.

So lets move on the to certification experience. I studied for about month utilizing the ITIL Sybex book. Although I felt very comfortable after 2 weeks that I could have walked in and passed the test, I spent a little more time because the subject content was very interesting to me. Also I reviewed some use cases of companies that actual implemented the framework. This help with understanding and practical implementation of the ITIL guidelines. I finished the test in about 20 minutes.

Overall the experience was good and in the near future I plan on looking at the other certification offered by ITIL. To me it offers a realistic business view of Information Technology and the approaches we should utilize while implementing new technology.

## Now......where did I put that RedHat book?? ### :)
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    congratulations on the pass.. and the useful information.
  • reaver84reaver84 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Taking mine tomorrow. Would you recommend any tips on areas to focus?
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    reaver84 wrote: »
    Congrats! Taking mine tomorrow. Would you recommend any tips on areas to focus?

In my opinion I found just practically understanding the material was helpful from a business standpoint. Since this is just the foundation exam you don't have to go overboard studying like I did. To simply pass the test just have a general understanding of the concepts and guidelines. This is not a technical exam by any stretch. I think each area of ITIL V3 was well represented on the test.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Chivalry1 wrote: »
    In my opinion I found just practically understanding the material was helpful from a business standpoint. Since this is just the foundation exam you don't have to go overboard studying like I did. To simply pass the test just have a general understanding of the concepts and guidelines. This is not a technical exam by any stretch. I think each area of ITIL V3 was well represented on the test.

Congrats!

Have you worked somewhere that follows ITIL?

I found I needed to go over the terms to really get comfortable with them since the terms are common words in daily conversation that carry slightly different meanings in reference to ITIL processes.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    --chris-- wrote: »
    Congrats!

Have you worked somewhere that follows ITIL?

I found I needed to go over the terms to really get comfortable with them since the terms are common words in daily conversation that carry slightly different meanings in reference to ITIL processes.

Yes I have worked in organization that follow select portions of the ITIL framework. But ITIL Framework was not called specifically by name.

Also, many of the places I have worked were plagued by politics so attempting to change the culture to follow a framework would be impossible.
  • chownwwwchownwww Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz for passing ITIL certification. I also got it in last week. I used Taruu Guide and CBT Videos to cover all topics.