ITIL Foundation - UK

PityTheFoolPityTheFool Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I'm looking to take my ITIL Foundation (2011) certification in the UK. I plan on self studying but not sure where to book the actual exam? I had a look on the Prometic website EXIN EX0-001. It quoted £135 (...price increase?) but didn't locate any test centres. I also found BCS / BH0-012 for £145. Confused.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi PityTheFool,

You can take the Foundation exam online (remotely invigilated) through organisations like EXIN and Loyalist Exams. That means you can use your office or home so it doesn't matter about finding a test centre.

The exam price has recently increased quite a lot - if you're UK based maybe try Loyalist, as they are Canadian there won't be any VAT to pay.

Kind regards

Claire
  • PityTheFoolPityTheFool Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Claire! Sorry for the late reply. Just a quick update. I finally got around to taking the exam earlier this week. Studied for two weeks during the evenings. I used two books, Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam to read the material and make notes. Also ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide for the end of chapter review questions. I also watched the CBT Nuggets ITIL-F 2011 series of videos which to be honest I found really poor.

The exam was easy, rushed through all 40 questions in 20 minutes. Marked 8 questions for review and completed the exam in around 30 minutes. Passed with 39/40. Unfortunately I didn't receive a breakdown to see which question I got wrong.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations PityTheFool! Great result icon_smile.gif
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Claire! Sorry for the late reply. Just a quick update. I finally got around to taking the exam earlier this week. Studied for two weeks during the evenings. I used two books, Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam to read the material and make notes. Also ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide for the end of chapter review questions. I also watched the CBT Nuggets ITIL-F 2011 series of videos which to be honest I found really poor.

The exam was easy, rushed through all 40 questions in 20 minutes. Marked 8 questions for review and completed the exam in around 30 minutes. Passed with 39/40. Unfortunately I didn't receive a breakdown to see which question I got wrong.

Hi,

Congrats on passing your exam!

Would you mind if I asked if you took your exam at home or at a test center? and who you purchased you exam via?

I want to begin to build on my IT skills with certification of this nature and ITIL seems a good starting point.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
    ManC