Options

ITIL Foundation 2011 study

antcantc Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

hope this isn't a silly question, can't see if its been asked before, had a quick look.

Can I study for the above exam using just the following book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/ITIL-foundation-handbook-Stationery-Office/dp/0113313497/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398598377&sr=8-1&keywords=itil+foundation+handbook

If not what else would you recommend getting hold of please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi antc

That book has been written against the latest Foundation syllabus and validated as an official ITIL product, so yes you can study using that alone if you wish. As always, I'd recommend visiting the ITIL official site to get hold of the syllabus and free sample exam so you know what you're studying and why.

Good luck!

Claire
  • Options
    Hi antc

That book has been written against the latest Foundation syllabus and validated as an official ITIL product, so yes you can study using that alone if you wish. As always, I'd recommend visiting the ITIL official site to get hold of the syllabus and free sample exam so you know what you're studying and why.

Good luck!

Claire

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I will of course visit the ITIL official website and take a good look around, didn't know about the free sample exam so thanks for pointing that out for me!

Would you be the same Claire that is the author of the book I mentioned, just noticed you have the same name as the author shown on Amazon! :)

Also, could I just ask, in your opinion, how long would you expect someone to take to study for this exam? As in self study, not classroom based.
  • Options
    musikman1988musikman1988 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    antc wrote: »
    Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I will of course visit the ITIL official website and take a good look around, didn't know about the free sample exam so thanks for pointing that out for me!

Would you be the same Claire that is the author of the book I mentioned, just noticed you have the same name as the author shown on Amazon! :)

Also, could I just ask, in your opinion, how long would you expect someone to take to study for this exam? As in self study, not classroom based.

Hi antc,

Last weekend, I have pass the ITIL 2011 Foundation exam, to be honest the ITIL F is really simple.

I learn it by myself start from March, I read book and do some exercise everyday and now I pass the exam.

Hopeful to help you !!

Good luck.

/Frank
  • Options
    Hi antc,

Last weekend, I have pass the ITIL 2011 Foundation exam, to be honest the ITIL F is really simple.

I learn it by myself start from March, I read book and do some exercise everyday and now I pass the exam.

Hopeful to help you !!

Good luck.

/Frank

Well done Frank,

I am hoping to have it done shortly. Glad to know it wasn't bad studying it by yourself! What are you planning to do next?
  • Options
    Hi antc

I was part of the authoring team but I can't take all the credit, it just ended up under my name alphabetically icon_smile.gif

Claire
  • Options
    musikman1988musikman1988 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    antc wrote: »
    Well done Frank,

I am hoping to have it done shortly. Glad to know it wasn't bad studying it by yourself! What are you planning to do next?

Em.....I have no idea, maybe I will learn more and more about the ITIL 5 books, I will prepare the Expert exam, if smoothly.

/Frank
  • Options
    Hi all,

For various reasons I didnt get round to doing my ITIL 2011 Foundation. Just wanted to ask, is the book I linked to above, still the best book to use?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ITIL-foundation-handbook-Stationery-Office/dp/0113313497/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398598377&sr=8-1&keywords=itil+foundation+handbook (here is the link to save you scrolling to my first post)

Or are there others worth looking at?

I found the following -

Itil Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need: Amazon.co.uk: Claire Agutter: 9781849283991: Books

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Itil-Foundation-Exam-Study-Guide/dp/1119942756

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Anyone able to comment?
  • Options
    Hi antc

I was resisting commenting as one of the authors but here are my thoughts. The official ITIL handbook is great and has been fully accredited against the syllaus. Helen and Liz's book gets fantastic reviews, I know Helen and Liz well and they bring all their years of training experience to the book.

I've written 2 books (ITIL Foundation Essentials and ITIL Lifecycle Essentials). ITIL Foundation Essentials is literally the bare bones of what you need for the Foundation exam - it covers the syllabus and no more. ITIL Lifecycle Essentials covers all of ITIL, but the bits that are relevant for the Foundation are clearly marked. My aim on that one was to give readers some practical tips that they could come back to after the exam.

So - short answer, they've all been assessed against the syllabus so will all prepare you for the exam, some have a bit more detail than others.

Good luck!

Claire
  • Options
    Hi antc

I was resisting commenting as one of the authors but here are my thoughts. The official ITIL handbook is great and has been fully accredited against the syllaus. Helen and Liz's book gets fantastic reviews, I know Helen and Liz well and they bring all their years of training experience to the book.

I've written 2 books (ITIL Foundation Essentials and ITIL Lifecycle Essentials). ITIL Foundation Essentials is literally the bare bones of what you need for the Foundation exam - it covers the syllabus and no more. ITIL Lifecycle Essentials covers all of ITIL, but the bits that are relevant for the Foundation are clearly marked. My aim on that one was to give readers some practical tips that they could come back to after the exam.

So - short answer, they've all been assessed against the syllabus so will all prepare you for the exam, some have a bit more detail than others.

Good luck!

Claire

Thanks again Claire. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    You're very welcome icon_smile.gif