Taking n10-006 tomorrow!!!

Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all, I just registered to this site because I saw helpful information pertaining to cert exams. Tomorrow I will be taking my first cert Exam and it will be for my net10-006 plus. I'm going in with a high head and positivity, but I will not be disappointmented if I fail. Any advice from any seasoned cert exam takers lol? I have my Associates in Computer networking but the course was geared toward the ccna. Been working helpdesk for about 8 months now.

Comments

• TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

Edit* How long have you been studying for and what materials did you use?
  • Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been studying for about 2 months. I used Emmet Dulaney Exam cram and the plural sight video series.
    Failed my first attempt at this test. Scored a 670/720...... Not really upset considering it was my first Cert exam. Consider this a learning experience... Still confident on getting this cert.... Those freaking simulations take all of the time so I got to have better clock management.
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Failed my first attempt at this test. Scored a 670/720...... Not really upset considering it was my first Cert exam. Consider this a learning experience... Still confident on getting this cert.... Those freaking simulations take all of the time so I got to have better clock management.

The way I passed the exam was that I flagged all the simulation questions right off the bat and then went through all the multichoice question as fast as I could to bank some time when I got back to the simulation questions. This is a good battle plan, but make sure you read the questions very carefully though.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
    What do they have you do in the simulations?
    Im going to take that into consideration the next go around. I would've thought that comptia would have had the simulations towards the end of the test. But I guess you cant assume nothing when taking these test.
    Configure some APs, a little vlan mapping, and some subnetting. Nothing too difficult. You may want to familiarize yourself with Cidr. That's gonna be important.
    Configure some APs, a little vlan mapping, and some subnetting. Nothing too difficult. You may want to familiarize yourself with Cidr. That's gonna be important.

They would ask something like what is the network ID and Broadcast after giving you an IP address with a CIDR?