Options

CompTIA Net+ lab Sim

TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

Have any of you bought the CompTIA Net+ hands on Lab Simulator? Is it worth the 40ish dollars?

CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Hands-on Lab Simulator | Pearson IT Certification

Comments

• Options
    10un10un Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey TechnicalJay,

I can't speak to if it's worth the money, because I just started using it...

However if you do try it, I highly recommend uninstalling Java before trying to install the sim. It won't finish installing for me until I uninstalled Java and rebooted.
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Yes! I love it. Especially for the price.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks
  • Options
    direwolf19direwolf19 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got these sims the other day and it spooked me so badly that I rescheduled my exam that was tomorrow for another 3 weeks.

I blew through the Matching and Drag & Drop areas with no issue thinking I might have just wasted $40, and then I get the simulation section where there are things like configuring port security and setting up static and dynamic routing all with a command line and now I'm concerned. Is *all* of this required to know to pass the test?

I don't recall specifics like this in the Meyers book or Messer videos and reading the exam objectives is open to interpretation.
  • Options
    MrCWiltzMrCWiltz Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I took the N10-005 a couple of years ago and I made a 606. I believe those are for the Performance Based Questions on the exam.
  • Options
    JKWilliamsSrJKWilliamsSr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found a video on youtube that gives a preview of this software. Based on what I saw I think this is software will be very helpful in preparing for the exam itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opySVMDPGls
  • Options
    JKWilliamsSrJKWilliamsSr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MrCWiltz wrote: »
    Hello,

I took the N10-005 a couple of years ago and I made a 606. I believe those are for the Performance Based Questions on the exam.

Forgot to mention that this particular vid is for the N10-005 exam. My assumption is that everything still applies as the new software will just include update information.
  • Options
    MrCWiltzMrCWiltz Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just purchased this last night. I am going to try it today after work. I am eager to use it. I am one of those guys that DO NOT like to read lol. I hope the hands-on labs help me. I am midway through the Mike Meyers All-In-One N10-006 book. It is getting tougher, and my dislike for reading is showing.
  • Options
    MrCWiltz wrote: »
    Just purchased this last night. I am going to try it today after work. I am eager to use it. I am one of those guys that DO NOT like to read lol. I hope the hands-on labs help me. I am midway through the Mike Meyers All-In-One N10-006 book. It is getting tougher, and my dislike for reading is showing.

Nice, let me know how you like it.
  • Options
    Jay_CertifiedJay_Certified Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Downloaded the sim earlier this evening and so far I like it. A little tricky to get the simulator to actually install but was able to get it going.icon_study.gif
  • Options
    JuneGJuneG Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed Network+ two days back, used this sim for practice, 4 of the PBQs were from this lab. For the price, this is good. I highly recommend this sim since there are not many options available.
  • Options
    Jay_CertifiedJay_Certified Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JuneG wrote: »
    I just passed Network+ two days back, used this sim for practice, 4 of the PBQs were from this lab. For the price, this is good. I highly recommend this sim since there are not many options available.

Congrats on passing the exam.icon_thumright.gif

What other study material did you use in addition to the lab sim?
  • Options
    JuneGJuneG Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Jay.
    I used:
    -Examcram
    -Professor Messer's video
    -Mike Myer's video in Lynda.com (Mike's videos are fun to watch, entertaining and his teaching approach is just awesome)
    -Network+ iOS app by Learnzapp (for flash cards, mock tests, review etc, it was worth of $7.99)
    -Examcompass.com Tests
    -CompTIA Net+ hands on Lab Simulator

I found test to be much harder than expected (atleast for me), i was getting between 92-98% in pre-assessment tests but barely passed the actual test with 739. Better preparation and lots of tests will help to pass.
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just checked out the Youtube Video clip and it's pretty cool. I am slated to take The Network Plus N10-006 later this year and this seems like a good study resource. Thanks for the tip.
    I found a video on youtube that gives a preview of this software. Based on what I saw I think this is software will be very helpful in preparing for the exam itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opySVMDPGls
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello All, I just got the CompTIA Net+ hands on Lab Simulator for $37.00 bucks. There is a Leap year sale going on over at pearsons so I took advantage of the discount and bought the CompTIA Net+ hands on Lab Simulator. Looking forward to checking it out.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino