Arpwall ?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
So reading CEH Certified Ethical Hacker 2nd edition (2014) on Safari.

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Practice Exams, Second Edition, 2nd Edition > Chapter 4: Sniffing and Evasion > Questions - Pg. : Safari Books Online

They are talking about ARPWALL and it doesn’t seem covered in the book. Never heard of it? Something I should play with ? A quick google search shows the program is long abandoned. And what links that remain seem to just refer to CEH.

Maybe a typo for Arpwatch? Cool to ignore this?
-Daniel

Comments

• UniquewarlockUniquewarlock Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is 100% Not on the CEH V9 test.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Kinda the feeling I am getting I was hoping these books on safari would give me a good selection of question to gauge gaps. But they are really not that great. I feel like they just made thing up in order to fill pages.
    -Daniel
    Stop reading books, Go to Skillset.com study all the questions. If you reach 80% (No easy task) and have a good memory you will pass 100% No courseware except the company courseware, is enough to help you pass the current test. Best 3rd party resource is the CEH v8 CBT Nuggets. A lot of concepts and helpful tidbits in that serious will help you pass your test.
  • Sch1smSch1sm Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Stop reading books, Go to Skillset.com study all the questions. If you reach 80% (No easy task) and have a good memory you will pass 100% No courseware except the company courseware, is enough to help you pass the current test. Best 3rd party resource is the CEH v8 CBT Nuggets. A lot of concepts and helpful tidbits in that serious will help you pass your test.

I strongly disagree. The questions on skillset are extremely basic and not nearly as in depth as the actual exam. If you're not answering the majority of the skillset questions with ease then I think you will struggle with the exam.
    Sch1sm you are 100% wrong
    That may have come across as rude, I apologize, that was not my intention. Lack of coffee
  • Sch1smSch1sm Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How am I wrong? I've sat version 9 twice and passed it in December. I did 106 questions on skillset and got 98% of them correct. I stopped doing it because it's mostly waste of time.